2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: My 300 gallon starphire SPS tank w/125 gallon macro/mangrove refugium  (Read 26790 times)

Offline aquavista99

Hows the tank coming? Any updates?

My camera is in the shop for repairs so I can't share updated pictures at this time, but I am in the process of adding a nice school of blue/green chromis I received from Marine Solutions. Some of the fish have been in QT for about three weeks but I recently added more so I will keep them all in QT for another three weeks or so. My SPS corals look great (very colorful assortment of mostly Limited Edition Acropora and Montipora corals). I decided to take a break on fragging corals for a while so they can really grow out. I recently switched to Ushio 14k 400 watt metal halide bulbs after previously running Hamilton, then Ice Cap 14k bulbs. I really like the Ushio bulbs, and they came highly recommended by Copps who is good friends with Sanjay Joshi. Sanjay told Copps that not only are Ushio similar to the Giessman, but they are probably made at the same factory... but of course much cheaper.

I recently upgraded to a new 5 stage RO/DI unit from BFS as well. I have never been able to maintain zero TDS with my old water purification system and am very pleased with the new unit so far. I can provide updated pictures of the reef when I get my camera back.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Looking forward to the new pictures.

Offline aquavista99

Looking forward to the new pictures.

Copps pink table acro

Orange tip acro

Oregon rainbow acro

Happy fish pic

New RO/DI unit

Another project?

Offline aquavista99

Some more pics  ;)

Offline aquavista99

ORA Roscoe

Purple Acro

Offline aquavista99

Here is my ugly 30g QT tank filled with blue/green chromis from Marine Solutions.

Offline aquavista99

Green acro

Offline aquavista99

Blue Monster

Offline aquavista99

Tyree LE Blue Prostrata purchased from Ming at Atlantis in Dec 2007 as a tiny frag

Offline jungliztkruger

• Adult
    • my other hobby...fire
very nice

Offline aquavista99

Lime Green prostrata purchased from Dr. Mac (Pacific East Aquaculture) back in 2005....this is one of my very first acros!!!!!

Offline aquavista99

very nice

Thanks for the compliment, jungliztkruger!!!!

slandis3

Are you still using the marineland tank?

Offline aquavista99

Pink millie I obtained from the 2007 CSEA frag swap in Cleveland. This coral has been fragged numerous times...very fast grower!!!

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 22:55:03 by aquavista99 »

Offline aquavista99

More pics  :)

Another happy fish pic!!!!

Offline aquavista99

Are you still using the marineland tank?
Yes ... new custom tank from Marineland arrives on Thursday.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Looking really good Tim, looks like your colors bounced back really nice.

Offline aquavista99

Looking really good Tim, looks like your colors bounced back really nice.

It's the Miracle Grow I added to the tank....just kidding.  Thanks for the compliment, Lazy!

Offline aquavista99

New addition LE frags from Tyree, Atlantis, Copps, Garf, Mike Paletta, and ORA Chips and Red Planet

Offline JSLeedy

• Adult
  • 240 Gallon Tank with 125 refugium
The blue is awsome I need some that color in my tank.  You must be a master at photo shop. :laugh:
Dayton,Ohio

Offline aquavista99

The blue is awsome I need some that color in my tank.  You must be a master at photo shop. :laugh:

Its the real deal, no photo shop at all...... ;)

Offline aquavista99

FYI--I just added 24 updated pictures starting on page 7. Cheers and happy reefing to all!!!

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Very nice!

Blown76mav

Tim,

I see you figured out iPhoto.  The corals are looking great, can't wait to see them again in person.

Offline aquavista99

Tim,

I see you figured out iPhoto.  The corals are looking great, can't wait to see them again in person.

I was plugging the USB from the camera into the imac keyboard USB port, which caused the problem. Go figure!  Thanks for the compliments, Lonnie. I plan to use less live rock on my next design.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 18:54:43 by aquavista99 »