2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Premium Aquatics in Indianapolis  (Read 2835 times)

Offline jeblin

• Adult
Premium Aquatics in Indianapolis
« on: March 10, 2009, 07:54:49 »
http://www.premiumaquatics.com

This past weekend, we (myself, wife, and our two children 4 and 9) went over to Indianapolis for the day. While we were there, I talked my wife into going over to Premium Aquatics since I knew they had a fairly large online presence. Needless to say, I was very surprised when we got there.

Basically its run out of a warehouse you'd see over in old downtown Dayton. One large garage door opened with a small checkout area directly inside. I think they have the entire warehouse, but only 1 section was open for customers. They had 4-6 large tubs of rock and an area about the size of Jacks freshwater aquariums for the livestock (including corals). Nothing outstanding either in the fish or the coral stock.

They have a larger selection online than what was shown in the section open to the public. I don't know if its stored in the same warehouse, or if they ship from a different location. I ended up with a couple emerald crabs and some dry rock. I picked up some "cured" live rock from there as they had rock from various locations around the world. Got home, one of the rocks was not "cured" and started smelling pretty ripe.

Needless to say, if you're in the Indy area, it makes a nice time killer but there's nothing there that I would make the drive just for them. I've seen better fish and coral in our Dayton LFS. Just my 2 cents.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Re: Premium Aquatics in Indianapolis
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 15:46:59 »
I've been there as well.  I wasn't impressed with their "sight" but they have a great on-line service.