2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: need a few things  (Read 1781 times)

Offline jungliztkruger

• Adult
    • my other hobby...fire
need a few things
« on: March 25, 2009, 14:07:52 »
well it is time to start getting everything together to set up my 75 gallon.

here's the list:

1. ro/di unit  anywhere from 25gpd to 75gpd. (it's time to stop hauling jugs from the grocery store)

2. protein skimmer... i really would like to purchase one of the ev series but am also interested in an urchin or remora so long as they are the pro versions

3. MH lighting. my goal is to run 2x 250w MH over the tank. im thinking to run either 14k or 20k bulbs using pendant style lights so i get the bluer light without supplementing with vhos. something like these http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=12780 . however i wouldn't mind running something like the orbit units where everything is self contained. i have nothing so far as the lighting goes....no canopy, ballasts, reflectors...

also i am looking around for one of the tunze 9002 nano skimmers for an existing tank.

thanks

riclis28

Re: need a few things
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 15:53:26 »
I have a brand new 75 gpd ro/di unit 5 stage from Bulk Reef Supply. It includes a free float valve and filter kit. I will sell it for $150. Also, I have a Dual TDS Meter for $20. Water pressure Guage for $10. I have a used Aqua C Remora protien skimmer. I have a set of lights that came off a 55 gal tank. I will check to see what they are. Call 937-778-9316 if interested. Ask for Rick. Am located in Piqua, OH.

Offline jungliztkruger

• Adult
    • my other hobby...fire
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 16:56:31 »
thanks will call

Offline jungliztkruger

• Adult
    • my other hobby...fire
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 23:46:25 »
i believe rick has me taken care of with the rodi unit.
now is a good time to get rid of some old equipment or if you are looking to upgrade a way to sell the old stuff.
just send me an email    jungliztkruger@gmail.com

Offline MSUJenn

• Juvenile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 09:11:17 »
If you get the RO/DI and need a membrane for it, I have a 75gpd filmtec membrane that is still in the packaging. I accidentally ordered a 75gpd instead of 100. $30.

Offline jungliztkruger

• Adult
    • my other hobby...fire
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 12:04:46 »
thanks,

the unit from rick is brand new in box but i will keep you in mind for when its time to replace the membrane

:)