2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Looking for a Couple of LE SPS Pieces  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Revaltion131

• Adult
Looking for a Couple of LE SPS Pieces
« on: March 27, 2009, 20:38:37 »
Hi everyone.  I've been working on building my collection of some specific SPS I've been after.  Unfortunately, once I really got going, I started having acro after acro STN on me.  Now that that's resolved, I'm ready to start looking for some new pieces.  So, if you have anything on this list for sale please let me know what and how much.  I have no preference between frags and mini-colonies, just don't give me a 1/2" encrusted square of something and call it good. ;)

Pink Lemonade
Red Robin Stag
$500 Efflo
GARF Bonsai (mine was one of the SPS I lost)
Hiller's Aqua Delight
Mike Acardia Stag
Karl's Kandlelight Acro
Royal Plum Acro

Even if you don't have any of these but have something you think is interesting, especially a blue or rose milli or any valida, let me know.  Thanks!

Offline aquavista99

Re: Looking for a Couple of LE SPS Pieces
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 21:14:42 »
From your list, I have a GARF purple Bonsai and Copps' Bonsai as well as an ORA Tri-Color valida. I will not be ready to frag either bonsai just yet, unless you want 1/2 frag. These frags will not be cheap but you can have an XL ORA Tri-Color for $10 to $20 depending on the size. I also obtained a small Pink Lemonade frag locally but I am not sure if it is a mimic or the original exotic from ATL (ie, the original PL is yellow). I also have the exotic Copps' blue millie with purple tips, an Oregon rainbow millie, ORA Pink Millie and ORA blue millie (which has a touch of red mixed in as well).

Most of my SPS collection now is either rare, limited edition or from the wild. Pest free and very colorful.

Hi everyone.  I've been working on building my collection of some specific SPS I've been after.  Unfortunately, once I really got going, I started having acro after acro STN on me.  Now that that's resolved, I'm ready to start looking for some new pieces.  So, if you have anything on this list for sale please let me know what and how much.  I have no preference between frags and mini-colonies, just don't give me a 1/2" encrusted square of something and call it good. ;)

Pink Lemonade
Red Robin Stag
$500 Efflo
GARF Bonsai (mine was one of the SPS I lost)
Hiller's Aqua Delight
Mike Acardia Stag
Karl's Kandlelight Acro
Royal Plum Acro

Even if you don't have any of these but have something you think is interesting, especially a blue or rose milli or any valida, let me know.  Thanks!

Offline Revaltion131

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 21:18:21 »
I am looking for the yellow-bodied, red/pink polyped PL.  I was going to get one from the CSEA swap, but I was unable to get off work to go up there.  The ORA millis are what I had in mind.  I'd have to dig up the Copps blue milli to remember what it looks like, but I'm sure I can find a pic easily enough.

slandis3

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 21:20:22 »
Here is the link from where the original piece of pink lemonade came from

http://justcoral.com/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=7352

When ours colors back up i can get you a 1" piece. Ours lost some of its color when we moved everything into the holding tank but its all back in our new tank now. The color of each coral will vary under different lights and nutrients

Offline yinyang

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 01:11:11 »
i have valida i can frag,i ask for the guy i bought from he told me is le
here is the photo of colony

also have this tri color acro i can frag

very blue acro very nice color deep blue can frag also

let me know if u are interesting any those
u don't have to pay me cash we can trade

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 11:41:54 »
That is what I want to do with my new 280. I want to only put in those rare corals and things and have a true 'Dream Tank'. I really need help in this area and would like some guidance from you guys sinse I dont know what is or is not rare. Will have new tank sat up in a couple weeks. Thanks for all help in advance. Ray
The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 12:27:56 »
Correction: 180 not 280

Offline verper

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 12:53:40 »
I want to only put in those rare corals and things and have a true 'Dream Tank'. I really need help in this area and would like some guidance from you guys sinse I dont know what is or is not rare.

Welcome to the dark side  8).  First off, in my opinion if your really going to do this, you will need to let the new tank mature for at least 6 months, have a very good skimmer, good lighting, very stable parameters, and a light fish load.  There will be nothing more disheartening than dropping $500 worth of pencil eraser head sized coral into a new tank and watching them disappear.  Most of these frags are very small and need very good water quality to survive.

Easiest way to tell a real rare coral -  rare = $$$$$$, hard to get without shipping, and frags about this size - O.  :o  Ok, maybe a little larger but 1/4 x 1/4 is not unusual.  You may ask why the rare stuff?  My experience is that it holds its color and is true to a photo of it.  A real original Superman montipora is a baby blue skin with bright orange/red polyps.  Not a medium blue with dull brownish red polyps that was out there a few years back.

Ask when you see something that catches your eye.  There are more than a few of us that can give you some info on it.

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 13:15:47 »
Thanks. On the 90 thats been up 7mos our water has been steady w/water (20gal) changes every week. Have been useing coral pro up to now when the metal showed up in it. Trying a new mix got from Joe @ marine salutions. Seachem reefsalt. Anyone heard of it?

Offline verper

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 13:19:27 »
I'm currently using it and like it.  Into my second bucket of it.

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 13:37:10 »
Good to know. Thanks