2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: New Board  (Read 3554 times)

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
New Board
« on: October 10, 2009, 20:41:09 »
I added a new "Politics" board under the off topic board.

Let's keep all political discussions in this board.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: New Board
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 03:23:25 »
Cool thanks, it would also be nice to have child boards under Reef Discussion called Water Chemistry, Coral Propagation and Pests

Offline atreis

• Juvenile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 07:06:07 »
Thanks for the separation of politics.

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 20:41:19 »
Thanks for the separation of politics.

That one can get ugly real fast so I felt it best if we kept all those discussions to one area so we can police it a little more closely.

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 20:42:53 »
One more thing.....we will be watching the Politics board pretty closely to see how it goes. We welcome healthy discussion and realize there will be differing opinions but if things get hatey or personal we will be forced to ban political discussions altogether.

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 21:15:59 »
One more thing.....we will be watching the Politics board pretty closely to see how it goes. We welcome healthy discussion and realize there will be differing opinions but if things get hatey or personal we will be forced to ban political discussions altogether.
I would like to object to that. Reason being is that there are other topics that have gotten hateful and nasty that had nothing to do with politics. So if you start banning post that you pick because someone got hateful  then whats to say some other topics would not be banned also. Where do you draw the line on 'Fairness'?

Grown up people should be allowed to discuss any issue that is not x-rated here. I know that I like someone's opinion that I may not agree with but dont want to be denied the opportunity to hear it and maybe miss something that I have overlooked while forming my own opinion.  Sincerely Ray
The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 21:21:06 »
We watch all topics, and if they get nasty and hateful we moderate them. (obviously, some may slip by. That is why there is a report post to moderator link.) We all know that politics tend to go that way a lot quicker than a reef discussion therefore the closer scrutiny.

We will not delete a post just because the discussion gets a little heated, just if it becomes personal. People can hold differeing opinions without getting personal, that is all we ask.

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 17:10:53 »
We watch all topics, and if they get nasty and hateful we moderate them. (obviously, some may slip by. That is why there is a report post to moderator link.) We all know that politics tend to go that way a lot quicker than a reef discussion therefore the closer scrutiny.

We will not delete a post just because the discussion gets a little heated, just if it becomes personal. People can hold differing opinions without getting personal, that is all we ask.

BUT the point is, that we should be able to indulge in any conversation, CAN'T YOU GET THAT through your thick skull? You must be a redneck hillbilly liberal with no purpose except to censor the intelligence of us self righteous bigoted conservatives.

You mean like that?  ;D LOL;D LOL ;D LOL I couldn't help myself. The Devil made me do it. Please dont beat me up ;D ;D :laugh: :laugh:

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 17:14:12 »
Had my blood boiling there for a minute.........

Offline TechGuy

• "Fraginator"
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 20:36:27 »
BUT the point is, that we should be able to indulge in any conversation, CAN'T YOU GET THAT through your thick skull? You must be a redneck hillbilly liberal with no purpose except to censor the intelligence of us self righteous bigoted conservatives.

You mean like that?  ;D LOL;D LOL ;D LOL I couldn't help myself. The Devil made me do it. Please dont beat me up ;D ;D :laugh: :laugh:

Its on sucka! I kid, I kid.

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 21:40:48 »
Had my blood boiling there for a minute.........

Like I said , I just couldn't help meself. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I dont think we have met have we? Let me introduce myself, (sounds like a song in there)

My name is Ray but u can call me j but cha donts gotta call me johnston! ;D