2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Reef hotspot  (Read 3541 times)

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
Reef hotspot
« on: May 14, 2010, 01:42:26 »
I got out of my meetings early today in LA and looked up Reef Hotspots address. I was surprised, it's a hole in the wall in the middle of nowhere, just an empty garage about twice the size of coral ranch!! 

The pics aren't that great, all I had was my iPhone so the white ballance is horrible, but you'll get the idea. I'll post them soon as I get to a computer. They had blastos, wellsys, and chalacies that would make you crap yourself! Colors I've never seen before

Pics soon
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Reef hotspot
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 01:51:24 »
What are you bringing us back?

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 02:02:37 »
Group Buy ?  ;D
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 06:38:56 »
What are you bringing us back?
:'( I'm actually already in DFW on my way to FL to see the shuttle Launch in 6 hours. So far weather is good and no problems with preflight, go for launch

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline reefman

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 16:50:50 »
Hmm did reef hot spot move, it use to be in a huge warehouse?

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 17:01:40 »
:'( I'm actually already in DFW on my way to FL to see the shuttle Launch in 6 hours. So far weather is good and no problems with preflight, go for launch

Nothing but envy ... I have missed my chance to see her fly :(
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 22:02:32 »
Hmm did reef hot spot move, it use to be in a huge warehouse?

Not sure this garage was pretty small for as much shipping as they do.  its was middle of nowhere just north of LAX.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 22:06:12 »
Pics as promised:

Sorry, they are from the crappy camera on my Iphone. The whitebalance is pretty off in some, but the colors are 100x more vibrant in person.  I have been to several shops in LA and have not been "wow'd"  This shops selection was definitly amazing and did "WOW" me

More in a few mins when my iphone finishes uploading to photobucket
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 22:08:56 by cyberwollf »

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 22:13:44 »
Their Display tank:

More shots from the raceways:

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 22:16:02 »
wow i want it all
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 22:17:21 »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 22:20:07 »
Man that is nuts. What an incredible selection.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 22:49:57 »

A few folks asked for pics... again they are from my iphone. I have better ones at home on the better cameras.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 08:13:10 »
sweet
SIZE DOES MATTER