2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: The new guy....  (Read 1427 times)

Offline dabugg76

• dabugg
  • Egg
  • I got the fever!!
The new guy....
« on: March 10, 2013, 12:27:41 »
Hello. my name is Chris and Ive been living in Huber Heights, ohio now for about 5 yrs. Im originally from St. Pete Bch, Fla. Ive always loved the ocean. The calming sounds and farmiliar sounds of the beach are the best! I set up my first saltwater tank in my early 20s. It was a 10 gal. I loved it!! Needless to say with working and a new baby and I guess at that age and time in my life it was easier to just go to the beach. So I gave the tank and fish away. I have always talked about that tank and how much I enjoyed it so now in my mid 30s after my beautiful wife got her turtle tank and koi pond fever on I decided to set up a lil 20 gal saltwater tank. Craigslist is the new get it now place for whatever you need. So In an instant i had a 20 gal set up for a few days then 40 lbs of liverock and a few days later came the fish. I instantly was addicted again!! everything has been going great with the 20gal so i ended up getting a corner 45gal, a 55gal and several 10 gals and othe acrylic tanks and supplies to start my reef and liverock store hopefully coming this summer! As I go through and clean up all the treasures and set up new tanks and equiptment I got off craigslist, I will post step by step pictures and comments. I hope I havent gotten myself in to DEEP on this one! lol... Like Brian said...I got the fever! I am looking forward to my up and coming adventures with my coral, liverock, and hopefully fish fri? If I can ever get theese clown eggs to survive?! I will start posting pics soon!! I also look forward to chatting and blogging with my fellow reef members! I know this site will be very helpfull to me and id like to think i may be of some help to other members also. So if theres anything I can do or possible answer, feel free to ask.
Thank you!
Dabugg/Chris
dabugg

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: The new guy....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 12:29:58 »
Welcome

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 12:43:37 »
Welcome to Ohio Reef Chris. There are several members here that live in or around Huber. Look forward to seeing your build.
Chromiumlux

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 14:00:34 »
Welcome Chris

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 16:31:34 »
Ollo & welcome to Ohio Reef!