2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: modreef.com-style frag plugs - available anywhere?  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Perched Urchin

• Egg
modreef.com-style frag plugs - available anywhere?
« on: December 08, 2011, 12:38:53 »
Hello Ohio Reef!
I am a member of CORA over in Columbus and have probably met more than a couple of you at our frag swaps over the years.

I have been trying to reach a vendor in Van Wert for about a month now.  The online retail store is 4coral.com (AKA coralnuggets.com as well).  I placed an order on their site for some of their wicked-cool modular frag plugs (manufactured by modreef, also in Van Wert) and have heard nothing back, despite all my efforts to contact them via email and phone.  They haven't charged my credit card for the order yet, so I am not concerned as of yet about fraud, but I am actually very interested in the getting the product I ordered.

Do any of you have any experience with this vendor, or better yet, I was hoping someone in the club might actually know someone associated with the business.

Or if anyone knows an alternative vendor who carries a similar product, I would like to know that as well.

Here is what I am looking for:

They are actually hollow and the top can be cut off and the bottom part used a second time. Pretty slick.

Any info is appreciated!

Offline Neogenesis

Re: modreef.com-style frag plugs - available anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 14:19:41 »
I've never heard of this company before......I hope they come through...looks like a interesting plug.

I'll put a feeler out on my site as well.....and on the Toledo forum.  Hopefully we can figure something out.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 14:52:44 »
Talk to Marine Solutions, they may either be a source or can get them for you.  I know that they use them.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 16:48:53 »
those are some cool looking frag plugs
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 21:04:31 »
Perched Urchin.......here is what I got on the Toledo site........it's not a definite answer..but at least it's something.

"The guy used to have a small storefront in an old gas station at the corner of state routes 281 & 109. I ran across it once driving to Defiance, then bought things off the website a time or two and could go pick them up to save on shipping. Not sure if he still has the storefront, as I havent been out that way in a quite a while."

Offline joncat24

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 10:13:19 »
Talk to Marine Solutions, they may either be a source or can get them for you.  I know that they use them.
Yes, we have the large ceramic plug/tiles in stock. They are $4.99 for a 10 pack
John