2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Hey hey from Springfield  (Read 3801 times)

Midwest Express

Hey hey from Springfield
« on: October 01, 2008, 14:21:15 »
I'm not new on here, but I never intro'd myself here.  Right now all I have going is a 14 gal biocube (Thanks Quicksilver) with frags from Jesse and some I have picked up here and there.  I also have a 75 gal that I am just setting up.  It was what I was going to move all my fish and live rock into from my 125 before the rebuild, but it crashed and lost everything but the tomato clown that you can see in my biocube pics.  I will be setting at 240 (Thanks Joe) come the Spring of '09 as long as money goes right!  ;D

Here are some pics of my Biocube.  They aren't the greatest... I just took them real quick to put on here.

MechanicalEngineer

Re: Hey hey from Springfield
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 20:13:36 »
Well...I GUESS you're still welcome.  ;)  Tank looks good...and I'm jealous you're getting a bigger one!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 00:47:09 »
Nice Clove Polyps. Do they grow pretty fast?

apelaston

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 01:07:15 »
Midwest. . when u get ur big tank up r u going 2 get rid of ur cube? i am aching for 1.....

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 07:48:07 »
http://dayton.craigslist.org/for/867278699.html

not sure if 6 gallon is to small

Midwest Express

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 11:29:21 »
Nice Clove Polyps. Do they grow pretty fast?

I love them.  I got them when there was only a couple sprouts on the rock.  I put them next to that arched rock and it now has runners all over the bottom and side of it.  Little heads popping up all over the rock.  It was slow to grow at first, but has started picking up speed.  My goal was to get that rock COVERED with them.  Some people say they grow too fast and take over, but I love them so I say let'em take over!  Just like the GSP!  ;D

Midwest. . when u get ur big tank up r u going 2 get rid of ur cube? i am aching for 1.....

Prob not.  I'm quite partial to that dude.  Once the big wigs figure out if they are gonna keep the doors open at work or not... I will bring it to work to put on my desk here at or to whatever place I work at next if they let me.  I love it and think you should get one too!  I must say though... mine was a pain at first.  Big level fluctuations but it seems to not be doing that anymore.  I think I finally got the hang of such a small water volume.  Lil diff from my 75 and 125.

apelaston

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 11:34:07 »
I can get a 14 gal bio for 100.00 but would like either an 8 or 29. . . not the middle haha

Midwest Express

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 11:53:55 »
That is a really good price.  I really wish though I could get my hands on a 29 HQI cheaply.  I just can't justify spending 500.00 on it new when I have my 240 to build. mmmmmmmm dreaming of the 240!

If I found one of those for 250.00... I would gladly sell my 14 for $50!  ;) ;D