2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: conch finally surfaced  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Andrew

• Juvenile
conch finally surfaced
« on: January 21, 2013, 16:02:32 »
I ordered some tiger conch snails a while back and the site I bought from threw in a free 4" queen conch and I have never seen it since I reluctantly put it in my tank after I didn't wanna just kill it. Every now and than I would hear a very loud banging sound that I thought was just the little tiger conchs but today the queen emerged from the sand for the first time in months after I thought it died and this explains why I can't leave frag plugs or anything on my sandbed cause everything would just be pushed over. Anyone want her? I tried to pick it up and man it extended its foot and gave a big kick and those suckers are strong.

Offline tidepool

• Adult
Re: conch finally surfaced
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 16:53:18 »
how about just putting her in the sump?

Offline Miles

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 08:46:38 »
well that explains why i cant keep frags upright on my sand bed... I have a couple conchs (conches...conchi... what is the proper plural form?) that are very mobile....

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 09:07:40 »
My concheses are the same way. Always pushing stuff around. They even push my clam. But I wouldn't be with out them. They keep my sand looking nice & clean.

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 23:14:37 »
If you don't want her I'm in Wapakoneta I have a 90 gallon shed be happy in just let me know
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline charlieweaver

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 23:43:06 »
Ill take if off your hands. I live in Centerville where you located?