2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1518 times)

Offline MacroGuy

• Fry
Hello
« on: February 09, 2014, 09:43:49 »
I just signed up to the site and want to say hello and thank you for all of the information you have made available to me over the last year. I purchased a 120 gallon tank from a friend about a year ago, and have been in love with the hobby ever since. Prior to that, I was into breeding freshwater cichlids.  I love the challenges that come up with keeping a reef tank. I look forward to becoming a more active member and contributing to the group.

A little bit about my reef interests: I am not nearly as interested in fish as I am in corals and macro algaes. Right now, I am mostly focusing on LPSs. I recently got a couple of rainbow acans that I just love. I am always wanting to buy new things for my tank, but don't so that I don't break into the family budget. I am looking forward to selling some things at the fragswap (via fragswapper) so that I can purchase some needed items for my tank.

Offline MacroGuy

• Fry
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 09:51:16 »
Forgot to mention, my name is Alan Sobecki, and I live in Centerville.

I also have a question about the upcoming swap and the use of fragswapper. If I don't have a enough to justify a table, can I post items on fragswapper and just bring a cooler? Where and how would I meet people that have reserved items if I do this?

Thanks!

Offline BuckeyeFan

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 10:27:21 »
Welcome to Ohio Reef Alan !

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 10:27:58 »
Welcome Alan
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline Bucknutz

• OH-IO
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 10:50:23 »

I also have a question about the upcoming swap and the use of fragswapper. If I don't have a enough to justify a table, can I post items on fragswapper and just bring a cooler? Where and how would I meet people that have reserved items if I do this?

Thanks!

Yes, lots of people sell on fragswapper and then bring the frags in individual containers to the swap.

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 11:12:03 »

Thanks!

A lot of people post on fragswapper. There are tables set up at the swap for ones to put there coolers. It's first come first serve. Most put their names on the coolers so the one they have sold to can find them easily. One you show up and people start talking, we usually get a since of who everyone is and can point people looking for you in the right direction.  It's really a nice setup.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 11:42:00 »
 :WTW