2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Ideas to Protect Members  (Read 2035 times)

Offline TroyReeF

• Adult
Ideas to Protect Members
« on: October 09, 2014, 12:58:17 »
I have been a member of several clubs and I would like to present a few options for going forward... I know we will not eliminate all wrong doings but we can surly try to make it a better environment going forward for our valued members.

In one online club - There is a classified section that suggest you always check feedback for a member prior to any  transaction. So my suggestion on this would be to add a feedback section for members who buy/sell/trade. This would let everyone know how each transaction was handled. As always we would encourage a member to exhaust all options prior to leaving negative feedback.

In another club if one member has an issue with a member he/she can bring the member up on voting charges. Both sides are given an option to make a statement then the club members "no officers" vote based on both statements and the member is either able to stay or banned. I really like this format as it not only lets everyone know of issues but also gives the club an opportunity to weed out any undesirables.

I encourage everyone who reads this post to PLEASE leave a comment on your thoughts.

Brian
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 18:16:59 by Twizted1 »

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
Re: Ideas to Protect Members
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 18:29:48 »
It is something to think about. It will always come down to making sure you check and test everything before you buy something used. But I would like to know if someone wasn't being honest or selling something with problems.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 19:51:54 »
I like the idea to be able to give feedback. Something similar to ebays system where we could post positive/negative comments and score in a profile.

Offline bbtm64

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 20:04:20 »
I haven't had any problems with anyone I've dealt with. Granted, I haven't really done much trading/buying but what I have done has gone extremely smoothly.

I like the idea though.
Brent McCloskey

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 09:51:16 »
I don't care for this.  On some of the other forums I'm a member of (flight simulation) they've had to scrap the systems several times due to feedback trolls and personal vendettas.  They are now permanently gone and I'm glad of it.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline tidepool

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 08:08:46 »
I like the idea of an EBay type of feedback system - although, I personally have never had an issue with anyone/anything I have purchased through Club members - quite the opposite actually, everyone usually bends over backwards to make everyone is happy...

As far as the "voting members out" idea - I just see this as creating MORE drama, not lessening it...

JMO