2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: A little bit Fishy  (Read 1542 times)

Offline dbowman

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
A little bit Fishy
« on: May 06, 2021, 17:29:11 »
I stopped by to browse on the way home from a Reds game yesterday. these caught my eye but no label so i asked. after looking them up on the store terminal the worker identified them as Vanderbilt Chromis. said that they were like Green Chromis very peaceful community fish

Offline dbowman

• Adult
Re: A little bit Fishy
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 17:36:19 »
i looked them up when i got home and i believe they are called a lot of things: Behn's Damsels, black and gold chromis, black and gold damsel, and bicolor chromis, among others; nice coloration as juveniles but dull adults

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 18:26:22 »
It’s a nice store. I bought several tangs there a while back and got a good package deal. I like their 1.024+ salinity while using copper setup.

Offline dbowman

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 15:12:09 »
the brick and mortar store has been sold. the new owner seems very nice. the name has changed for the store: Monroe Aquatic or something. according to the ALBF facebook page the new owners are Tim and Casey a married couple who are known to the community. Big Fun, I wish Good Luck to the new owners on this venture, I will definitely check back as they settle in.

Offline Farrun

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 20:54:41 »
The new owners of this location are awesome! Really good prices on fish (picked up a purple tang for $149.99) and they even drilled my tank for me. Tank looks great, fish is doing great, couldn't be happier with my experience with this store. The store is now called Monroe Aquatic Solutions I believe. They price match as well, even online prices. They've got a lot going for being such a new store. Highly recommend checking them out!