2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Reintroducing myself  (Read 3802 times)

Offline Emily

• Scavenger Queen
  • Adult
Reintroducing myself
« on: April 30, 2008, 21:56:42 »
Dang, it has been a long time!!! I hope all is well with everyone.

I see a lot of new faces, so I thought I would say hi and introduce myself and update anyone else who might want to know waht is going on (which really isn't much).

My name is Emily (obviously).  I currently have a 90 gallon reff that has been up an running about a year.  We also have a 12 gallon tank that we mostly farm xenia out of :).

Along with fish, I have 2 dogs (10 yr old sheltie and a 1.5 yr old 80 lb boxer), 2 cats, 6 rats, 1 snake (we had 2 but one escaped) and 3 geckos.  We like animals and they keep us busy.

I currently teach at Tipp High School, however I will begin working at Milton Union in the fall.  I teach special ed and I love my job, though this year has been VERY CRAZY!!!!!!!   Hence a big reason why I haven't been on the site too much...just too tired.   

I currently live in Union (near Englewood) and I have been here about a year (since marrying my hubby Chris).

Chris is a Firefighter/paramedic who is currently studing to be a physician's assistant.  His username is Chris.   

Okay, i am not sure what else, so I am off to bed. 
Emily

Offline verper

Re: Reintroducing myself
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 22:04:10 »
Emily who????;D

Your ears must have been burning.  We were just talking about you and Chris and where you two had gone on Monday.  Good to see you're back!

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 22:49:47 »
Yup!  Scott said it for me!  We were wondering what happened to you and Chris!!  Glad to hear everything is still going well.  We've missed you!

Nikki

Offline Slicktrax

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 23:12:21 »
the honeymoon must be wearing off ;)
That one guy who used to be on all the time......

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 06:47:50 »
Yeah, Your parents were in the other day & it got me wondering where you guys were. Glad to hear all is well.

Offline Emily

• Scavenger Queen
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 16:38:47 »
Wow, it has been a long time again!!!   I am so bad.  Just wanted to say hi and see how everyone was doing.  Chris and I are doing well right now.   We had a rough summer and a battle in general since may.  Chris' mom was in the hospital (OSU) almost the entire summer recovering from a surgery and battling her cancer.    THe plan was for her to move in with us when she was released.  Naturally, we were back and forth to columbus every other day visiting and staying with her, so gettin gon the computer and checking in here was the last thing on our mind.  She moved home at the end of the summer under hospice care and passed away after that.  3 weeks later my gramps passed away in texas...soo, during that 4 month period of time, our tank hasn't had the attention it needed.  We still have our fish (all 3 of them) and some of the coral, but chris and I are now working on building it back up and getting back into our beloved hobby.  I also started a new job (Go bulldogs!!) and we got a new baby in the house...no, not a kid.  A sweet little boxer girl named Ella.   Other than that, nothing else is new.  Glad to be back, and I will be hanging around now and getting to know you all!!
Emily

Offline verper

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 17:45:18 »
That's Red Devils not bulldogs.  ;)  Good to hear from you again.  Sounds like a rough Summer and I'm sorry to hear about your losses.  Hope things calm down for you.

Offline Emily

• Scavenger Queen
  • Adult
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 17:48:51 »
Thanks...things are much calmer.  Good to be back..now to just get the tank back in gear:)     
Emily

Offline Secondgen

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 21:03:04 »
Its good to have you back Emily, and Chris. I am sorry as well to hear about your losses. It sounds like you are keppin it positive though which is very important.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 11:21:29 »
Hi Emily!  I've been wondering about you.  Sorry to hear about your rough summer and losses.  Where are you working at now?

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 14:33:48 »
I don't know you but looks like you have a lot of friends here. Welcome Back :laugh: