2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: this is our tank (46 bowfront  (Read 3429 times)

NKP-759

this is our tank (46 bowfront
« on: December 09, 2008, 16:29:31 »
hope this works,LOL need ideas for the tank coarl,iverts,fish, ect want inverts & coarls that are not too hard to take care of thanks

Blown76mav

Re: this is our tank (46 bowfront
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 18:57:35 »
Looks good so far.  Welcome to the club.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 03:11:09 »
Glad you found us and welcome to the club!

This may sound a little weird but works for me......That background you have on your tank. If you take some KY jelly (water soluble brand) and spread a thin layer on the back of the tank then re apply the background. Use a credit card to smooth it out from the center to the edges and all the KY will come out of it. Then it will be bright, even and no bubbles. Works great and no need to tape it. I also tuck it under the black trim on bottom and top. Then if any water ever splashes down the back of the tank it wont be able to get between the background and glass. Some people paint it with great results but not sure if that is an option since it is already setup.

Offline jake

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 03:14:59 »
I'll just leave that one alone ::)

quicksilver

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 08:46:14 »
Yep that sure is a salt water aquarium.... good luck. Ask some questions that what were here for so you dont do the same mistakes as we have and belive me between all of us we have made them all. I flooded my bed room from the floor above. lol  :laugh: When your wife says its raining in your room you dont say your full of #$@%. It will only make her mader.

apelaston

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 09:39:32 »
Where did u learn that lazy?!

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 10:56:34 »
Well, on a not so weird note, you have a great start. If you want to keep somewhat peaceful fish I would suggest to take those damsels out now before you add anything else. I think I see three in there.  Damsels can be little terrors to other fish since they’re fairly aggressive little buggers.

You also mentioned in another thread about keeping a “Nemo”. Clownfish can also turn into little devils. I would suggest adding them as one of the last fish to your tank.  Currently I have a clownfish in my sump because he will harass anything that moves in the tank.

apelaston

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 11:14:12 »
And clownfish will not hesitate to attack people either as mav saw at my house. lol they are VERY territorial.

quicksilver

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 12:03:57 »
hey my clown fish are the most layed back of them all.  :laugh: