2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Converting  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Converting
« on: November 11, 2010, 11:36:22 »
My 150 gallon salt tank is a mess.  I am going to tear it down until I have time to get it right.

Since I have my 150 gallon (6foot long tank) built into the wall I need to have something in there.

I was thinking that with the power-compact/halide lighting that I have maybe a minimal fresh-water planted tank.  By minimal I am saying minimal live plants but lots of fish

To do this (I have all kinds of filtration methods I could use (wet-dry, converted 30 gallon long into a filter, fluvals etc) as well good liighting options... what I dont know about is what type of substrate I should start out with? Would it hurt to use the carribean sand I have in there now?

Any ideas?  I am looking to put alot of neons, guppies... easy to take care of fish right now. 

acro

Re: Converting
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 21:48:15 »
i layed down a bed  of gravel  then a layer of brown sand are you thinking of using your old salt water sand by the way i have a planted 100 gallon tank that is going to get tore down soon have drift wood lots of nice plants .

lagalaxy8

Re: Converting
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 13:09:15 »
i layed down a bed  of gravel  then a layer of brown sand are you thinking of using your old salt water sand by the way i have a planted 100 gallon tank that is going to get tore down soon have drift wood lots of nice plants .

Still selling some of your plants?