2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Yard Sale  (Read 2693 times)

Reefd Up

Yard Sale
« on: August 30, 2009, 10:14:10 »
Saturday, September 5 (ONLY...none of this 3-day yard sale insanity)

7am - 1pm

4642 Prairie Court, Huber Heights, OH 45424

Lots of household appliances, wedding accessories/decorations, juniors brand-name clothing, books, etc.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
Re: Yard Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 10:57:25 »
Saturday, September 5 (ONLY...none of this 3-day yard sale insanity

yea, what's up with them even starting on Thursday up here. At ours, my wife sold more on Friday than any other day. Shouldn't most people be at work?
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Reefd Up

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 11:06:41 »
THANK YOU!!!  That's what we think!  I would lose money if I stayed home to yard sale instead of going to work. 

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 15:43:52 »
Saturday, September 5 (ONLY...none of this 3-day yard sale insanity)

7am - 1pm

4642 Prairie Court, Huber Heights, OH 45424

Lots of household appliances, wedding accessories/decorations, juniors brand-name clothing, books, etc.
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 15:44:50 »
Hey Nikki, what kinda books? I'm a yardsale book junkie :)
Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 15:46:32 »
My wife saw this post and is already making plans with her sister to stop by. My sister-in-law in preparing for her wedding so they want to see what ya got. :)

~Kenn
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Reefd Up

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 17:58:51 »
Hm, I'll have to get a book list together.  I know there's some Dan Brown stuff, John Grisham, Michael Crighton, etc.

As for wedding stuff, I have my wedding dress, veil, hair piece, crinoline, shoes, lots of vases/centerpiece mirrors, china-looking fancy plastic plates, wedding planning books/magazines, ribbon, tulle, aisle runner/rectangular table covers, etc.  I won't have the wedding dress out the day of the yard sale to protect it, but if she's interested in it just PM me. 

Reefd Up

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 01:47:05 »
Buuuuuuuuuuump for the yard sale today at 7am!!!

As far as books go, there's Brian Greene, John Grisham, Dan Brown, Michael Creighton (sp?), Tim LaHaye (sp?), lots of #1 NY Times bestseller list books & other popular books.  Some Agatha Christie, "The Memory Keeper's Daughter", "Confessions of a Shopaholic", etc.  Lots of politic/war/conflict books, some textbooks on engineering/business/psychology...some arts/crafts books...lots of wedding books.

Ok...I'm not digging through everything again...so there's a start.

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 11:03:50 »
Yay text books! I'll see you guys in a little bit!
Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

Reefd Up

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 11:44:38 »
Yay text books! I'll see you guys in a little bit!

Hope you haven't left yet...we don't have many textbooks left!  (Although we have pretty much everything else...apparently Labor Day weekend was not the best timing.)  :laugh:

Offline harleyrider

• Adult
  • If you have to ask, you cant afford it!
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 12:24:42 »
Saturday isnt the best day to have one, most of the women that go to them stay home to agravate their husbands, lol, thursdays the best first day of the garage sale week, and everybody hits them then, :laugh:

Reefd Up

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 13:41:22 »
Yeah...Ohio is weird like that.  Where we come from...the women have jobs and don't have 3-day yardsales!  :laugh: 

I don't know why people would do this for 3 days anyway.  We were up until 2am last night getting everything staged...then back up at 5am to put it all outside.  Then...sitting here staring at stuff we want to get rid of for half a day...yeah...no thanks.  I couldn't imagine doing this for 3 days straight. 

Oh, and lemme tell ya...the people watching was by FAR the most interesting aspect of it all.  We had some real winners. 

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 13:56:11 »
So how ya feeling? Besides the yard sale which will make anybody sick. Hope you guys do good today. ;)
The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!

Reefd Up

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 14:27:32 »
Everything's good...thanks for asking...just was a bit under the weather.  We did ok...money-wise, it was worth it...I just wish it was all gone.  Now it's just packing it all back up...that's the worst!  Most stuff is off to Goodwill...the rest is for a friend's yard sale in a few weeks.

Anyone interested in a 40/55g stand?  I'll post pictures later.