2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Automatic frozen feeder  (Read 1199 times)

Offline merlin3

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Automatic frozen feeder
« on: May 24, 2015, 21:48:58 »
Any suggestions on the best way to feed frozen type foods multiple times a day when you are at work and cant be home? Picked up a moorish idol a couple weeks ago and would like to be able to feed small servings more frequently.  I know how difficult they can be and only took a chance on this guy as he was the healthiest one ive ever seen and already eating.  He has been eating great but only likes lrs, brine and mysis.  Even though he eats well he still doesnt seem to out weight on so would like to feed more without overfeeding.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Automatic frozen feeder
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 00:14:08 »
I don't have a comment on the auto feeder but wanted to share a good way to put on weight. Nori.... They like it and is something they can snack on over a couple hours. If you roll it tight in a cigarette shape and clamp between a magnet they won't be able to tear it apart as quick. You may get 2 hours out of it.
PS: Tank looks excellent!

Offline merlin3

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 07:34:10 »
Ok thanks,  ive got a couple different brands of seaweed and nori but ive only tried it a couple times since ive had him.  I usually just use a half a sheet and it quickly gets destroyed by the tangs. I am getting ready to put all new lights over tank and redo a bunch of stuff and also just got last couple things to set up frag tank i built. I think my coral beauty angel has been munching on my acans so may have to try to catch him after having him 4 years.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 13:23:18 »
What about thawing the food for the day, and then use a dosing pump to feed.  You can get pumps that push a lot more volume.  These ar 10ml/min.  http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/milwaukee-mp810-dosing-pump.html.