2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: newbie from dayton area  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Bright79

• I love tangs !!!!!
  • Juvenile
newbie from dayton area
« on: February 05, 2011, 15:47:25 »
hello  im from the dayton area and new to the whole thing. I just started my tank. and just heard about this place. so if any one has any advice that would be great. I could give out my yahoo if anyone wants to be friends and talk.
I am the tank crasher !!!

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
Re: newbie from dayton area
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 16:05:09 »
Welcome to the Ohio Reef !

If you get a chance you should post a few pics of your new tank in the profiles area :)
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline sticks_wife

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 16:59:40 »
Hi and Welcome to the club! We love pics from your tank, so feel free to post them. Also, please feel free to stop in for one of our monthly meetings. We'd love to meet you. Everyone here is pretty friendly, and many people have alot of experience that they can share. Look forward to meeting you sometime!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 18:12:17 »
Welcome and glad you found us.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 18:44:30 »
Welcome!!!
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Bright79

• I love tangs !!!!!
  • Juvenile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 19:16:38 »
where are your meetings at? me and my fiance would love to come. what do you do at thr meetingd?  communicating on here is hard for me I have to do it from my phone I dont have internet for my comp. is there any easier way to do this. . well anyways I have a 29 gal saltwater that I just set up. I got 2 clowns, coral shrimp and an amenome. 

Offline Bright79

• I love tangs !!!!!
  • Juvenile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 19:28:01 »
oh and I forgot to ask is there a facebook page for this club??????

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 20:02:13 »
There is a much better way to browse the forum from your Cricket phone. Here is the link http://www.mobile.ohioreef.com
Hope this helps.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 20:04:12 »
There is, I belive, a Facebook page for us.  Christy?
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 20:13:54 »
All the club pages can be found on the home page under Club links. It is about 1/2 way down on left side.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 21:39:24 »
welcome to the club
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline sticks_wife

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 21:59:41 »
Meetings are posted under events, but right now, we are going to be having them on the last Sunday of the month at BW3 in Huber.