2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Berghia Nudibranch  (Read 1705 times)

Offline chromiumlux

Berghia Nudibranch
« on: July 27, 2013, 20:27:29 »
Has anyone here used these to rid their tank of aptasia? How well did it work? The only place I have found online to get these is Saltyunderground. It appears they are the Berghia authority as they have mass info on these Nudis posted on their site. My overflow is full of aptasia. There are several in my sump and a few in the display. Pipe up if you have any experience with Berghias.
Chromiumlux

Offline matt78goins

• Fry
Re: Berghia Nudibranch
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 20:59:53 »
I purchased them a couple of times when I had my 75 reef.  They didn't really do anything.  I acclimated, and added them to the tank.  They were so small, and I'm not sure if they got eaten or what, but that was the last time I saw them.  Sadly not the last time I saw the aiptasia.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 23:25:50 »
I've tried them with zero success.  They disappeared into the tank and I presume died.  I've had more luck with peppermint shirmp and reduced feeding in the tank to make sure the peppermints stay hungry.

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 23:30:24 »
I have 3 peppermints and not a single aptasia in the tank 
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 03:39:27 »
Yeah, I am wondering if I should get peppermints again. I've had them before and they kept my display clean.
Chromiumlux

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 10:19:47 »
I you order any peppermints I am in for about 6 of them