2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Ph issue  (Read 1035 times)

Offline monkjim

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Fry
Ph issue
« on: June 18, 2011, 13:24:57 »
My tank has been around 7.8 ph for quite awhile now. The corals in my tank have tolerated it well but I beleive they will do better if I could raise it a bit. I did some experiments by aerating water inside my place and outside and found that the water that was aerated outside had a ph of 8.4 compared to the glass inside my place still being at 7.8. I can't open my windows cause I have a newborn daughter that needs the temp to be at a constant temp so I am in need of another solution to this problem. I can't think of a way to run air from outside into my tank. I am in need of some suggestions, so if you have any I would appreciate it greatly. I am pretty much willing to try anything. I have a sliding glass door that is close to my tank but no windows next to it. thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

Offline slandis3

• Slandiscreations
Re: Ph issue
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 13:28:24 »
Can you run the air line to your skimmer outside? If so that way you can pull fresh outside air in and it will mix in the skimmer and in theory it should raise the ph of the tank.

Offline monkjim

• Fry
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 13:55:40 »
I thought about doing that but I don't know how I can run the line through the door without it getting pinched shut.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 16:06:02 »
I can't open my windows cause I have a newborn daughter that needs the temp to be at a constant temp so I am in need of another solution to this problem.

I saw this at Lazy's   Open the window a little bit, then fill the opening with Acrylic or Lexan Sheet.  Drill a hole in the lexan and run your line through that.

Offline monkjim

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 16:32:45 »
Thats a good idea I will see what I can do, maybe that will work. Thanks!