2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: LFS question  (Read 3273 times)

Offline THE MAD REEFER

• Adult
LFS question
« on: May 13, 2013, 15:31:23 »
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but if the mods need to move to different area please do

I am having a hard time finding good quality LFS to visit and purchase
What do you guys and gals look for in a LFS?
You looking for pricing, odd ball items, exotics or what to you makes a great or even a good quality LFS to bring you back?

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
Re: LFS question
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 15:51:52 »
Stock, Quality of Stock, Price, Customer Service... Usually in that order, though they all about the same in improtantance to me
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline Viggen

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 15:52:23 »
Yea, its always been a sore and tough subject in dayton :(

Quality and healthy fish have always been #1'on my list.... With price being next in line

300g tub o fish

Offline bbtm64

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 16:02:01 »
For me, friendliness and knowledge. If you don't know say so but make an attempt to find out for sure. Service, whether its about equipment or livestock is next. If I have an animal die or a piece of equipment fail I expect them to honor their warranty/guarantee. It helps to that they recognize you when you walk in and ask questions about how your tank is doing.

There are several factors that make it worthwhile to return to the same store over and over but these are what influence my decision toreturn.
Brent McCloskey

Offline Bucknutz

• OH-IO
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 18:47:59 »
Healthiness, Cleanliness, knowledge, and honesty. Normally if they don't have one of those four that don't have any of them.

Offline njrdc

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 12:14:47 »
Health of livestock, customer service (witch some stores do not have any of) and price.

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 16:24:18 »
A lot of the same as above. I like exotics & will go back to a store for that reason. Tanks need to be neat and clean. No B.S. , most of the time I already know what I want & know if its a hard to find item or not. So no need to feed me a line of bull. And if you tell me something, live up to it. Prices don't bother me. If I want it ill pay what's needed to get it. I'm not in this hobby to blow money but I'm not in it to save it either. Selection of inverts would be cool. Most regular lfs don't have large selections inverts.

O and I don't like to order a fish & get a call 3 months later telling me my fish is in. Especially if you tell me it's only going to be a couple of weeks. Yes that happened to me.

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 21:51:34 »
All of the above forementioned for me as well. I am willing to pay more for healthy livestock.
Chromiumlux

Offline barboyr

• Fry
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 22:07:27 »
Knowledge and a great set of morals.  Being a newbie, feel free to treat me like a dumb blonde when it comes to saltwater. Do not sell me a fish that does not live in my environment or tell me that it will be okay with my other corals and livestock and then I read otherwise.