2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Coral Ranch  (Read 4177 times)

Offline Grunk08

• Juvenile
Coral Ranch
« on: April 13, 2009, 22:04:49 »
Made my first of many future trips to coral ranch over the weekend. Great personable guy with plenty of livestock to choose from. Prices are very resonable also.

Offline jeblin

• Adult
Re: Coral Ranch
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 07:14:53 »
Another great thing about Coral Ranch is that they sell pods (pulled directly from their tank) as well. Most (if not all) other local stores don't carry them. I believe you have to let them know you want them and they'll go out and get them that night so its a minimum of 24 hour turnover, but its still great to have that option available locally.

Offline bkvreef

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 08:33:15 »
I've gone several times and I have nothing but good things to say.  I always ask 1000 questions (my wife hates it) and he answered every single one!
Not to mention the prices are half of what I'd pay at most other places locally.
Thanks and God Bless,
John

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 17:31:07 »
I try to visit once a week. Great Prices, Great Selection, Great Customer Service.

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 00:48:42 »
Made my first trip out to the green house today and was quite surprised. This is a great place and I’m glad rich is open to the public. From what I saw this is the best source for coral in our area and his prices are definitely the best. And to top it off he took a rock out of a tank and chiseled off part of the rock with some Zoa's that I wanted. Top notch all the way!

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 01:47:41 »
UD Flyer: where there two guys in when you where there? I think I may have saw you. Around 3:30-4:00.
Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

Offline Trichome

• Fry
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 14:40:15 »
I was up at coral ranch yesterday.  I drove all the way from Cincinnati and it was worth every mile!  They have some really great prices on everything.  They also seem to get a great variety of corals and fish.

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 17:16:03 »
JD; Yea, i think that was me, I was driving a brown truck.

JP2006

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 22:33:59 »
You definatley will not beat the quality or prices at Coral Ranch. Another great thing is how well they stand behind their livestock. I have had a fash not make it, and it was promptly replaced with no questons asked. You cant beat the customer service.

A note on the pods. I always wondered how the "reef pods" could actually be alive, and they were so small you could not see anything in the bag.

These pods are straight out of the sump, and they are big enough to see, and verify they are alive and well. I think that is important when buying pods.

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 21:52:38 »
Two thumbs up! I've only visited two times, and of course, walked out with one of this and one of that and hey gimme one of those too. Great service, Wide selection, Excellent prices. Rich takes time to talk about your interests and answer your questions. Definitely on my list.
Chromiumlux

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 22:44:15 »
I went there today, it was well worth the trip from cincy. You cant beat the spend $15, get free cleaner kit, you would spend over $25 at jacks for the cleaner kit.

reefer3737

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 09:19:28 »
I think hes one of the best stores he will help in any way.also A.SP. Justin in troy is great

JP2006

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 23:16:05 »
You definatley get your moneys worth from Coral Ranch, I always leave there feeling like I got a steal, which is always a good feeling.

Offline jeblin

• Adult
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 15:19:57 »
I always end up spending more than my wife wants me to over at Coral Ranch  ;D

Offline bkvreef

• Adult
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 18:03:36 »
I always end up spending more than my wife wants me to over at Coral Ranch  ;D

More than your wife wants you to  OR
More than your wife knows you do? ;)