2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Picasso Trigger in a reef  (Read 1312 times)

Offline bobdino

• Juvenile
Picasso Trigger in a reef
« on: December 13, 2013, 08:58:13 »
Have a friend who has a fowlr, wants to convert to a reef. He has a piccaso and does not want to give it up. Anybody ever keep a Picasso in a reef?

Offline Phoenix7506

• Juvenile
Re: Picasso Trigger in a reef
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 23:31:19 »
I've never had one in a reef. I know they don't do well with inverts. I had one with long spine urchins a few years back but he would pick on anything else. I believe they will leave coral alone but I'm not 100% on that.

Offline Heathcoot

• Fry
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 10:44:21 »
I actually had a customer of mine a year ago in a 75 gallon, had a picasso and a volitan in the reef tank! but no smaller fish like damsels and firefish and no clams scallops she had shrimp cant remember if she had snails or hermits. id say no but ive seen a lot of things done i normally wouldnt have done. 

Offline bobdino

• Juvenile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 14:04:34 »
Thanks for your comments, I had thought no, just wanted to see if anyone had any luck

Offline Marine_freak

• Juvenile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 16:47:27 »
They can and will usually eat smaller fish...... they can be really good for awhile then start eating dottyback, blennies, firefish etc. But on the other hand picasso and clown triggers are so cool. >:(
A Indonesian fisherman once stated if we blow up the coral reef we have no future...... But if we do not we no way to feed my family now...... How sad the circumstances are today that ruin the opportunity of the future!