2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Dayton Group Buy on Foster and Smith  (Read 1965 times)

Offline sendthis

• Fry
Dayton Group Buy on Foster and Smith
« on: October 17, 2011, 23:39:17 »
Anyone in Dayton interested in a Group Buy on frozen food?

So far it's me plus someone else... that's $24.99/2 = $12.50 per person.

Let me know, I'm placing an order on Wednesday.

I am asking for 10% down and your share of the shipping cost so I don't get left with a bunch of stuff I can't or don't want to use.

That's not a lot though... $50, that would be $5 plus shipping which if there is only three of us, would be about $8.33 and less with more people.

I'll absorb the PayPal fee.

Offline sendthis

• Fry
Re: Dayton Group Buy on Foster and Smith
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 23:39:50 »
P/U at my place but I'm willing to meet you somewhere that's within 5 miles of 45424.

Offline DarinSchmidt

• darinschmidt@gmail.com
  • The wisest man knows he knows nothing at all.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 23:41:43 »
what kind of deals are you getting for a group buy order, i may be interested.

Offline sendthis

• Fry
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 06:24:19 »
Well, it's just saving on shipping (split by the number of people) PLUS the sale that ends next week PLUS the fact that F&S discounts it further when you buy more.

i.e.

The 16 oz SF Brine Shrimp is normally $6.99 (pretty good deal normally), but $4.89 w/ sale and $4.39 with 6 or more (which we've reached).

Here's the prices we've hit for the order. Not entirely sure how it's calculated, but looks like if it's the same brand you're good to go even if it's not the same item.

$4.39 - San Francisco Bay Brand Brine Shrimp 16 oz flat pack
$2.29 - Baby Brine Shrimp 1.75 oz cubes
$1.49 - Blood Worms 3.5 oz cubes
$2.09 - Spirulina Brine Shrimp 3.5 oz cubes

PM'ed you my e-mail. I'm making my order tomorrow.

Offline sendthis

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 06:45:29 »
If I can get TWO more people by tonight, I'll place order tonight and meet you at the GCAS auction w/ the items.

PM me your e-mail and phone number. E-mail me so I can send you the receipt and my PayPal info (remember 10% plus your share of shipping) and phone number so I can call you when I get there Saturday. I'm shooting for a little before auction starts.

If I can't get the order by tonight, I'll still send an order Wednesday night and if you want me to drop it off and F&S delivers on time, I'll still do that, but I'll need a 20% deposit and I won't absorb the cost if it doesn't arrive on time (but I will still allow you to pick it up or meet you as far down as Centerville the following weekend).

Offline sendthis

• Fry
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 09:48:41 »
LOL, scratch that, I got the dates wrong. It's on the 29th... not sure I can make it to the auction then. Forget it. Sorry.

I'm still taking orders for Dayton though.