2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Spring 2022 Happenings  (Read 1082 times)

Offline ghurlag

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Spring 2022 Happenings
« on: March 30, 2022, 19:44:27 »
The forums have been slow.  Seems like a lull in club activity, maybe as a result from COVID fatigue? hard to say.  At any rate, I wanted to see what maybe non-reef related activities are keeping everyone occupied this spring.  I?ll go first:

My wife and I continue to make headway on getting settled into the 1967 A-frame we purchased last summer in West Middletown.  The house a came with an indoor pool, but it?s a lost cause, so today a new above ground pool was installed.  We have some landscaping and driveway work coming up, and before we know it, the 4+ acres will need mowed weekly.  I?m also into Ham radio, and need to get an antenna tower put up for communication purposes.

So what about the rest of you?

Offline Steve

• Adult
Re: Spring 2022 Happenings
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 09:39:50 »
Just getting out and walking, getting some air. Looking forward to planting some flowers, maybe some vegetables. Getting ready to do a rework of my tank, not completely sure how I want to go about that, but it's coming. (Oh that is reef related lol).

Offline ghurlag

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 10:25:09 »
Steve, reef related is okay!  I?ll be interested to see how you redo things.  I have some short term and long term reef plans, myself.  I just figured if people weren?t posting reef related, maybe non reef related is occupying their time.  For instance, we ran out of propane Tuesday morning.  The house got down to 60 degrees.  Then we had sand delivered for the pool, the dump truck got stuck - twice!  Had to pull it out with my truck, lol!

Offline marineman

• Adult
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 17:08:14 »
General job, plus the B/S/T coral stuff and my tanks keep me pretty busy. Also have a seemingly endless supply of school things with the kids, and sports activities. Oh, prepping the house to sell (new roof, new siding, flooring, remodeling in general are always in the mix, too. LOL!

Offline ghurlag

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 10:09:16 »
@marineman, I hear ya with the school things with the kids.  We went through that with our son.  And since we are in a new house, we're doing all kinds of projects here, on top of just getting settled in and unpacked!