2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Ohioreef 96g Corner Tank  (Read 8109 times)

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
Re: Ohioreef 96g Corner Tank
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2021, 21:05:37 »
I got one right after the ban but it developed velvet and I lost it along with every fish in my tank.

Got this YT along with the blue hippo and sailfin from a fellow reefer here for a very good price. Just pulled them from 28+ days QT in copper to make sure there was no velvet or ich.

Offline Farrun

• Fry
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2021, 23:26:09 »
I was plaged by either velvet or ich for the first 5 months of starting my tank up... I bought two clown fish that had it and they died from it (didn't use to QT because I never did with freshwater and was lucky for years). Bought a Kole Tang and shrimp goby pair, added them to the display a couple weeks later, the tang got sick and died.

I then set up a QT tank and spent a full week trying to get the Goby out to treat and QT, I finally got him and was so relieved. Treated him and let the tank fallow for a full 90 days. Added him back and started QTing some new clowns and added them once they were finished and all has been well since.

Now I QT AND treat every fish before adding it to the tank. I also QT all coral and Inverts before adding unless I get them from someone I know and trust. Learned my lesson the hard way as most do I suppose. Definitely wasn't a fun one, nor was it a nice introduction to the hobby. It did give me plenty of time to focus on coral and I learned a lot during that time so all's well that ends well!

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2021, 07:45:43 »
Sounds very similar to my story, LOL. Had a tank several years ago, never QT’d anything and never had any problems. Fast forward to now, I set up a new tank and first batch of fish I add get wiped out. Very heartbreaking. I ended letting the tank sit fallow and will now QT all new fish in Cu before adding to the tank.

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2021, 23:04:48 »
Loving my Apex!! Recently added the feeder and tonight finally installed the LSM. Looking forward to seeing how the intensity of the moonlights varies with the moon cycles.

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2021, 21:56:20 »
Picked up some anemones from saltlife tonight. They?re looking good.

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2021, 22:01:03 »
Few updated pics. Really need to get a filter to help with the blue.