2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: new camera, new pics  (Read 2661 times)

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
new camera, new pics
« on: August 27, 2006, 01:10:12 »
i got a new camera today. i had my old sony cybershot 2.0mp camera for about 4 years and its about time i upgraded ;D so i got a sony cybershot 6.0mp camera. it has potential for taking great pictures, i just need to quirk a few things.

with all that said, here are a few pics of my 125 gallon

and here are some of my 29 gallon(shouldnt the hawk be munching down the shrimp right about now??)

« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 01:12:47 by illnino »

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Re: new camera, new pics
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 07:01:03 »
Great Pics!  How long have the hawk and shrimp been together?  I had a hawk and shrimp in my 55 and things were great until one day the shrimp came up missing. I added another shrimp and it came up missing.  I added a third shrimp and saw the hawk in action!  After that, I decided to stop feeding the hawk such an expensive snack. 

Offline Emily

• Scavenger Queen
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 09:36:20 »
Awesome pics!   Is that a wrasse you have(the yellowish fish)?  What kind is it? Chris and I were looking at the different kinds of wrasses we want to one day put in our 60 gallon when we get to set it up.
Emily

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 10:24:54 »
it is a twinspot hogfish(wrasse) it is my favorite fish in that tank. lots of personality, never stops moving(hard to take pics of) and a great looking fish

micki, they have been togeather for about two months. the shrimp is a large cleaner shrimp as i have had him for probabally 6+ months. i see him clean way deep inside the hawks mouth and in his gills. kinda crazy.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 11:18:41 »
That is crazy but very cool!  :)

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 11:37:49 »
hope it lasts... i have never seen any aggression from the hawk towards the shrimp. he tries to run away from the shrimp... wuss :P