2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: So what did everyone get at the swap?  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Tony

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
So what did everyone get at the swap?
« on: October 13, 2013, 21:50:29 »
I picked up a bubble tip anemone, some red, blue, and yellow mushrooms, and an australian goniopora.

No escape from the underwater world.  It always pulls me back in.

150 reef project
SSI Master Diver

Offline Travis8896

Re: So what did everyone get at the swap?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 22:13:55 »
Nice pieces. I got way too much lol I'll try and get some pics tomorrow along with a list
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline Tony

• Juvenile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 22:22:38 »
Thanks :)  I look forward to seeing what you got!  I was completely blown away by how small this goniopora can withdraw.  The polyps are a good inch to an inch tall, and 3mm wide and a half fully extended, and when i took them out of the cooler when i got home, they were flush with the rock they are on, and maybe a millimeter wide.

Oh, i picked up a Hanna Alkalinity tester too just to see if I liked it better than titration...this has to be the easiest water test I've ever done in my life.  I'm definitely picking up the counterparts sometime.

150 reef project
SSI Master Diver

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 22:37:21 »
Way too much but I got some GREAT DEALS! , couldn't pass them up. Try and post some pics later.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 12:15:33 »
I got some very nice pieces, and some pieces that were not accurately represented by it's seller.  I'm quite disappointed in those.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 12:25:14 »
I got some very nice pieces, and some pieces that were not accurately represented by it's seller.  I'm quite disappointed in those.

Did some get you with a tiny 1/2" or 3/4" frag. Man it sucks when that happens. I can never get them to survive long term.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 12:39:16 »
I've had that problem before, luckily not that time, actually had a few sellers that I feel gave me larger pieces that normal....Thanks for that.   But when i order a red piece and get something green, not cool.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 12:48:30 »
I splurged on a couple MP40WES, excited to get them setup today. Got a few corals as well, will post a pic soon.

Offline The WuSue

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 13:37:19 »
CORA swap?

Offline Tony

• Juvenile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 15:04:14 »
Yeah, CORE was yesterday

150 reef project
SSI Master Diver

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 16:00:21 »
http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/Travisrohrbach8896/media/1381780551_zps59f7696b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
first ten pics are stuff I got I have more but its not open neither is the brain next to clam its just impressive with its size its next to a 7" clam
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 16:49:32 »
Looking good everyone

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 17:09:29 »
Btw everyone more than half my stuff came from Brian

Offline delta1190

• Adult
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 17:18:06 »
I bought a rock with zoes on it and some green star star polyps , but the thing i got the most was a new friend thanks for the ride  Steve and the time at the swap it was great .also was glad to see and meet other club members ,and see the ones i already know al in all it was a good first frag meet thanks to all  :be happy:

Offline Tony

• Juvenile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 17:46:18 »
Some nice pieces you got there Travis.
Keep em coming everyone :)

150 reef project
SSI Master Diver

Offline jake

• Adult
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 18:22:15 »
My son 8 got a baseball sized gonipora. Tried to feed it and the shrmips had there way with it.

Daughter 6 got a golf ball sized red and green favia.

Daughter 3 got a sweet zoa and then a gift zoa ;) Thanks turbo21

Wife got clove polyp, sun coral, a single polyp of darth maul and a neon toadstool

I(we) got single head flaming red blasto wellsi, sweet orange and rainbow yuma, huge tricolor ric , finger leather (yes I like them) , green polyp toad stool 3 attached, purple gorgonia , blue palys, cinnamon palys, pop pom rock with 2 huge frilly mush and several sweet zoas of random colors.  Some crabs and some snails.

Oh ya a pink birds nest , green slimer and I am sure I am missing something else..lol. I had no corals stocked in the tank yet.

Offline delta1190

• Adult
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 18:42:59 »
thats cool now you have a few right

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 18:54:56 »
Thanx

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 19:08:38 »
I bought a rock with zoes on it and some green star star polyps , but the thing i got the most was a new friend thanks for the ride  Steve and the time at the swap it was great .also was glad to see and meet other club members ,and see the ones i already know al in all it was a good first frag meet thanks to all  :be happy:

Thanks Carl and the feeling is mutual. Had a great time sold a ton of corals, but mostly had a lot of fun. Especially when Carl told me he wasn't going to buy anything, yeah right. Also got to interact with some future generation reefers, just enjoyed watching their faces light up getting some new corals.

Offline delta1190

• Adult
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 20:42:51 »
yes it was a blast thanks again

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 23:18:39 »
Are you referencing my face with that brain I got?

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 23:21:57 »
Glad you like it Travis!!!!  It was deal at that price!!!

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 23:27:23 »
Yes It is amazing and a great price it only took me an hour to figure out how to move everything to make it fit  :alas: but I managed it in a way I'll be able to keep the clam I thought id have to get rid of because of the brain lol. I regret the purchase for the time it took to place but now that its In place I love it and I'm happy I got it.

Steve I believe I also purchased a couple things from you tho I don't remember what lol their was so many corals in my cooler and so little cash in my wallet when I finished in surprised I can keep a few of the names matched with the purchases lol.

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2013, 01:18:44 »
Travis I think the only thing I sold you was the blasto wellsi. That Brain you bought from Neo was a monster, really nice piece, that guy is gonna need some space!

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2013, 12:11:05 »
The blasto is doing great, and yes that brain is a monster that's why I was so hesitant.

Offline Mussin

• Adult
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2013, 19:12:29 »
Post some pics guys...  Im jealous I didn't get a chance to make it.

Jeremy

Offline merlin3

• Adult
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2013, 19:31:14 »
We got quite a few things, nice large rainbow brain, few frags of some rarer zoas like rastas, rainbow monti and another monti that is gorgeous, small maxima clam, couple rainbow acans, gorgonian, sun coral, and a sponge. Heres a quick pic of the brain and some of the frags are just chilling in the sand till i pick up more glue to mount them.

Offline merlin3

• Adult
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013, 19:32:44 »
Btw, yes i know theres 2 aptasia in the pic. Its the only 2 in the tank and havent taken the time to kill them.

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2013, 19:35:00 »
Vivid's Rainbow Delight, Raspberry Lemonade, Red Dragon x 2, Sunset Milli and Tri colored Styro from Kindler great deal, Jedi Mind Trick Monti, Blue steel zoa, unnamed zoas (not for long) from Phishy B, unnamed blue and green echinata acro (sweet), killer blue rics with green mouth and swapped for a piece of blue polyped digi. Thanks also to Marine Solutions for the salt deal.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2013, 20:49:50 »
Here is most of the corals I got. All cleaned up and remounted. 

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 21:42:04 »
Looks like some nice acquisitions Brian