2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: wtb interceptor  (Read 1613 times)

Offline pontiac2002gtp

• Adult
wtb interceptor
« on: April 08, 2009, 11:30:21 »
I need some interceptor if anyone has extra they could sell me that would be great or let me know where I can get it I have tried several vets with no success.
Thanks
Phil

Offline mdcoblentz

• Juvenile
Re: wtb interceptor
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 15:29:12 »
you have to get a prescription for it. I had to go to my buddy that is a vet and tell them exactly why I wanted it and what it was going to be for. Once they found out it was for a legit reason they had no problem letting me buy a few tablets.
Inspired!!!

Reefd Up

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 16:50:34 »
If you call around to some exotic pets vets and explain what the treatment is for, you shouldn't have a terrible problem.  Some will make you bring in the ReefCentral thread...others will make you bring in a dog and sell it to you "for the dog". 

Offline pontiac2002gtp

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 17:02:36 »
I have tried several vets and had no luck I even went in person and showed several threads about the treatment.  The only one that may give it to me they said I would have to pay for a consultation with the vet.  Are you really paying 90 bucks to get a pack of this stuff(office visit included).  I am pretty frustrated at this point and thinking its not worth the trouble its only 3 frags.

Offline MSUJenn

• Juvenile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 18:28:12 »
Not sure if you've already tried this vet or not, but his name is Dr. Brauer and he works at Dayton South Vet Clinic. Phone is 937-294-8888. When I thought I had red bugs, I spoke to him on the phone and he was very knowledgeable about them and treating them with interceptor. I ended up not having red bugs, so I didn't need the interceptor, so I'm not sure if he will charge you for an office visit or not.

Offline JSLeedy

• Adult
  • 240 Gallon Tank with 125 refugium
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 22:05:12 »
I know a gal. :)  I have a friend that's a vet.  I don't know what it is but I'll ask her if she will get it for me and how much.  It shouldn't be a problem.
Dayton,Ohio

Offline Vinnbelle1

• Fry
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 22:30:14 »
My vet here in Milford will sell them straight out if you tell them what it is for.  I have four tablets of the large dog left if you want to buy 1-4 of them.