2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: what are the advantages or perks of being a premmember  (Read 6411 times)

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
Re: what are the advantages or perks of being a premmember
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 13:50:57 »
who is the VP of the club right now?

Cyberwollf
Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

Offline Viggen

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 15:25:43 »
I thought slandis was vp?

300g tub o fish

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 15:39:48 »
I thought slandis was vp?

Slandis resigned. Without rehasing it here, let's just say that the VP and President had big issues working togeather.  If possible, I'd like to leave it at that, as we are trying to get the last few months behind us and focus on the getting the club back to the laid back and upbeat club it was. Although I have a feeling the can of worms is about to be reopened.
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Viggen

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 15:41:49 »
Didn't mean to open up any worms..... didn't know that happend!

300g tub o fish

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 15:56:27 »
Didn't mean to open up any worms..... didn't know that happend!

Not a problem Viggen, I don't think we realized that that discussion took place in the member only sections.

Cyberwollf is the new VP and I am the new Treasurer.
Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 16:06:14 »
Not a problem Viggen, I don't think we realized that that discussion took place in the member only sections.

Cyberwollf is the new VP and I am the new Treasurer.

The tresurer swap was in no way because of issues. Rick had been looking for a replacement and JD stepped up

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline reefman

• Adult
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 17:54:19 »
Another reason to be a member is to see all the secrets, like the above problems!

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 18:08:53 »
Another reason to be a member is to see all the secrets, like the above problems!

I hope that's not a benefit  :) and I hope nothing like the above happens again anytime soon

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 21:27:04 »
I didnt mean to open a can of worms either.  I was a paying member and was involved in the voting and I knew that Slandis (Mike) was the VP but stepped down. Without paying my dues yet  ::) I didnt know who had replaced him.

thanks

Offline Viggen

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 23:36:39 »

I have been a paid member all along.... didn't catch it.  Not even sure when my membership expires..... or if it has already expired

never really liked being a paid member to any club/orginazation when people don't get along..... Many times I have seen people in various organizations I am in not get along & it's never fun, ruins it for everyone!!!!!  Life is just way to short

I never liked the idea of having to pay for being a member anyways especially on a small web based communty like this site .... always thought that's what sponsors are for :) I know if that was the case where sponsors pay to keep the site going I could do group buys every month and donate money to the club :)
300g tub o fish

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2010, 07:11:23 »
Club memebrship runs a calendar year. If you are currently a club member there is a note saying so right under your screen name

right now all sponsors are donating LOTS of gift certificates. That way there is something to raffle off each meeting. Therefore, the membership dues are the cash we use for website hosting and nonprofit/tax filings and capital to run the fragswap

Offline ghurlag

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2010, 09:40:34 »
I'm a cheapskate, but the membership fee is negligible and serves as a sort of commitment.  Besides, if everyone who created a free account were eligible for all the group buys and such, our sponsors would likely get bombarded by people taking advantage, with no real stake in the club's or sponsors' well being.  And if someone doesn't want to or cannot pay, they still have access to all the knowledge and experience of the club's members.  Paid membership is simply a mutually beneficial arrangement.