2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Mtg at Newport Aquarium  (Read 6861 times)

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Re: Mtg at Newport Aquarium
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 09:07:28 »
I'm in.  Might bring my family too.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 12:15:11 »
Jeff (reefkeeper) hasn't been online for the past month. He likely has gotten busy with his buisness. Is there someone else that wouldn't mind calling Newport  organizing the trip for October?

Offline Bright79

• I love tangs !!!!!
  • Juvenile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 16:39:47 »
what information would be needed to organize this..i might be interested
I am the tank crasher !!!

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011, 17:00:24 »
In order to get group rates, we have to schedule in advance... in order to scedule in advance we have to fill out the registration form... in order to fill out the registration form we need to figure out EXACTLY the amount of people coming... Money would Ideally need to be collected ahead of time(not only to insure we have the correct number of people upon arrival, but we also have to pay ahead of time to recieve rates)

We would also need to determine if we would like a behind the scenes tour... awaiting on a response to see if we can get any additional discounts on it(though I seriously doubt it)... Behind the scenes tour is 15.00 for all ages and lasts 45min. We would also need to schedule/pay for this in advance aswell.. I will keep updated as more info becomes available.
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline slandis3

• Lifetime Premium Member
    • Slandiscreations
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 17:18:13 »
Thanks for doing this Cody, Let me know the total price for the trip (admission and behind the scene tour) for 1 person.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2011, 17:40:50 »
Thanks for doing this Cody, Let me know the total price for the trip (admission and behind the scene tour)

im in for 2
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2011, 17:43:55 »
Cool!  Thanks Cody!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2011, 19:58:41 »
In order to get group rates, we have to schedule in advance... in order to scedule in advance we have to fill out the registration form... in order to fill out the registration form we need to figure out EXACTLY the amount of people coming... Money would Ideally need to be collected ahead of time(not only to insure we have the correct number of people upon arrival, but we also have to pay ahead of time to recieve rates)

We would also need to determine if we would like a behind the scenes tour... awaiting on a response to see if we can get any additional discounts on it(though I seriously doubt it)... Behind the scenes tour is 15.00 for all ages and lasts 45min. We would also need to schedule/pay for this in advance aswell.. I will keep updated as more info becomes available.

Thanks for organizing this Cody. :) I think most of us would only be interested if they are giving the behind the scenes tour. Once we know date/time/amount everyone can decide if they want to go and commit by paypal the ticket price to treasurer@ohioreef.com or mailing me a check.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2011, 22:49:39 »
we need to stretch from 45 min to at least and hour and half
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2011, 09:23:49 »
OK!  So lets get this updated and rolling!

Where: Meet @ Newport Aquarium in the square just outside the main gates

When: October 23rd, 2011 (sunday)

Time: They Open @ 10am, but I was thinking closer to noon(12pm) to allow everyone time to do their spiritual/personal doings in the AM... They close @ 6Pm

Cost:16.00 Per adult, 11.00 Per child(2-12yrs). Children under 2 free admittance. Behind the scenes tour $15 for all ages.(this may change, I will also see if anyone under 2 can take this tour for free)... for now though plan on paying for them on this tour if you want them to go)***all taxes are applicable***

***FUNDS WILL NEED TO BE COLLECTED NO LATER THAN 9/23/11*** Due to the restricted payment methods, you will turn your funds in; either in person to Brian(Lazyliving) directly or via the Club's paypal(treasurer@ohioreef.com). From there the Club will issue payment to cover the entire order. We will enter as a group, so tickets will be passed out upon arrival. There will be 0 refunds for cancellations after 9/24/11(please be sure you are positive you can attend when paying/registering)

I need to start getting as accurate of a head count as I can. So please state If you will be attending and how many people you will have with you. Don't list anyone who you aren't sure about; as we have to collect a ticket price on them and you will be stuck with a ticket if they decide not to show)... You can follow the Example for myself Below. I will tally your reciept for you, so please wait until you recieve your reciept via PM before making any payments,I will CC Brian(lazyliving) on all reciepts.

***This head count will run until 9/23/11 @midnight. At which time all funds MUST be recieved and no further changes can be made for the group admission, as the group form will be submitted and payment made on 9/24/11***, if you are certain you are attending, please feel free to submit your payment at any time(via the above mentioned payment options). We will confirm Reciept of payment and head count on a seperate thread for viewing purposes.

Boonjob:
2 Adult                               
0 Children(2-12yrs)           
1 Child (under 2)

1 Behind the Scenes           

***It is also important to notate that if someone else wants to show up who is not part of the intial group registration, they would be required to pay full admission price by the aquarium...***
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:31:13 by Boonjob »

Offline Viggen

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2011, 10:04:19 »
Sunday's are bad for me until early November..... all 3 kids play select soccer thus have games on sunday & I also play sunday

Hopefully next time (if there is a next time) I can make it, always wanted a behind the scenes look
300g tub o fish

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 10:28:08 »
We can do either Sunday or Saturday, it is no matter to me, I just need a general consensus as to the best day out of that weekend for everyone... I am also in the process of working out the prices better with the aquarium rep atm.. Will post and update as I get more info.

***This thread has been moved to( http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=11903.new#new ) for ease of information... Please see that thread for updated info as I will no longer update this one***
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:43:16 by Boonjob »

Offline Viggen

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2011, 11:13:04 »
If the numbers show saturday is better at this time I can go.  Not sure if just me or the wife & 3 kids would also come
300g tub o fish