2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Supplement dosing  (Read 1346 times)

Offline chromiumlux

Supplement dosing
« on: September 07, 2012, 18:45:42 »
Besides Calcium, Alkalinity, and Magnesium, what types/brands of supplements does everyone here dose in their systems? There are many manufacturers that offer a multitude of additives. Which, if any, do you use.
Chromiumlux

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
Re: Supplement dosing
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 19:36:05 »
The only thing I add is Kent nano reef A|B
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 19:37:53 »
Kent Essential Elements and Iodide 1/2 the recommended dose, once a week. Used to always use Seachem additives, but recently have been using the Kent.

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 12:58:31 »
How about you Andy?

And for those of us (like me) who do not know what Kent nano reef AJb is;
And what Essential Elements IS or does; Can we get some break down on these?

I'm sure that there was/is a reason that you started using this stuff and would really like more info to learn about them.

I have had people sale me stuff and did not see any benefits when tried. And others have told me not to use any of that stuff; But have learned that some
such as alk./mag/cal have to be added. But still dont understand enough about additives.
The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 00:20:47 »
I dose the big 3 ca, alk, mag. B-Ionic. I was using Brightwell Coral Amino and Replenish when my tank was packed. Personally, I noticed no difference using the Brightwell additives.
Chromiumlux

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 00:27:26 »
I have always used trace elements. I guess it just made sense to me, especially with skimming and carbon and GFO plus natural depletion. 

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 00:33:07 »
I have always used trace elements. I guess it just made sense to me, especially with skimming and carbon and GFO plus natural depletion. 

Yeah, that does make sense. Thanks.
Chromiumlux