2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: My 65 Gallon progress pics.  (Read 4060 times)

Blown76mav

My 65 Gallon progress pics.
« on: January 03, 2009, 21:53:09 »
My 65 gallon is now two months old and wow how things have changed.  A lot has to do with the great people on this site and in this club.  I started with a 100 lbs of cured live rock.  A week later I added two clown fish and a pair of damisels (I know I know).  Another week and some hermit crabs, turbo snails and a few peppermint shrimp.   The next week  I added a blue face angel and some corals I got from Amy. I added a sailfin tang two weeks ago and yesterday I added some more corals I got from Brian.

Anyways here are the pictures.

Day 3 after adding rock.  Not a lot of aquascaping just rock in a pile. ;D

Somewhere around week two I think, you can see the clownfish and the GSP I got from Mitch.

Here it is today, with corals and a little better aquascaping.

Blown76mav

Re: My 65 Gallon progress pics.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 21:57:19 »
More pics....

Bigmoo

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 22:27:51 »
Looks nice so far, wish mine was moving along more. I must say that the original pics of the rock work was pretty cool. Looked like it was just piled up after a storm. The new scape is very nice as well.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 01:02:59 »
The torch is looking great! Is that 2nd fish the Blue/Black one a imperator angel?

Offline jake

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 08:47:22 »
Looks good man. Seems like alot of fish for the tank size though. Tangs and angels get big

Blown76mav

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 09:09:46 »
Looks good man. Seems like alot of fish for the tank size though. Tangs and angels get big

Going to upgrade to a 180 or 220 within the year. ;D  Might even do a custom acrylic tank, just need to find some more room in the house.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 09:20:57 by Blown76mav »

Blown76mav

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 09:19:30 »
The torch is looking great! Is that 2nd fish the Blue/Black one a imperator angel?

When I bought it off the guy here in town he told me it was an imperator angel, but I think its a blue faced angel.  The imperator angel has bule and white circles with smaller ones out by the fins, the blue face angel and blue and white stripes.  The one I have has stripes and the face has yellow spots and the along the top of it is starting to turn yellow, even though the picture isn't that good.

Either way its going to be a big fish.  The guy I bought it off of had it in his sump, so my 65 gallon has to be better for the time being.

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 10:42:46 »
Looking good.

That angel fish is a Juv. Koran (semicirculatus) Beware, it eats coral!!!!

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 16:39:16 »
That angel fish is a Juv. Koran (semicirculatus) Beware, it eats coral!!!!
  The guy I bought it off of had it in his sump, so my 65 gallon has to be better for the time being.

Makes sense as to why it was in the sump. Either way it’s a purdy fish

Offline jeblin

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 17:49:22 »
Nice color change on that Koran from juvie to adult --> http://www.aquacraft.net/f0008.html