2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Introducing LRS "FRENZY FOODS", the freshest marine foods for your aquarium!  (Read 3745 times)

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
Hello Wester Ohio Reef Club members!!

I am proud to be donating 30 packages of our premium food blends to your frag swap raffles. Ten lucky folks will go home with a three pack bundle of our flagship "Reef Frenzy" as well as a pack of Fish Frenzy and Herbivore Frenzy. If you have not heard of our foods, you soon likely will as our dealer network has spread from Florida to Massachusetts in under 5 months!! In a nutshell we offer the most complete and elite aquarium foods on the market today, made from fresh carolina seafood.

Below is a long winded explanation of how our foods were developed, but if you want to skip it just visit http://www.ReefFrenzy.com to learn more.....

Our TESTIMONIALS were just updated on our website!     http://www.larrysreefservices.com/Testimonials.html

Let me introduce myself....... :) :)

I am Larry, the owner of Larry's Reef Services, LLC and DBA "LRS FOODS." I have been a Winston-Salem Patrol Officer for the past 8 years and I have a B.S. degree in Criminal Justice/Pre-law. I reside with my wife of 20 years and my son on a small farm in Davie County, NC with TN Walking horses, as well as other critters.

We got bit bad by the Reefing "Bug" a couple years ago and we currently have over 600 gallons of  SW aquariums in our home. Admittedly I am very OCD and a perfectionist and last year the local fish store entrusted me to do service work for their store. I formed an LLC, bought insurance, and began to install tanks, help with newbie problems, and basically field calls from his 400 or so customers on his regular email list. I studied everything "Reefing" and had the benefit to speak freely with a published Marine Biologist that lives nearby, as well as members of our local reef club. During this period I flew to LA with the LFS owner for a week and toured the facilities where a lot of the fish we buy are housed prior to shipping. I also saw how stressed and malnourished these fish are. They are often deliberately not fed to avoid production of ammonia in the shipping bag to the LFS.

Soon after this trip my wife started to get tired of 15 packs of food in the freezer, even though SHE is the reason we have so many tanks. (She loves every lion fish and angler out there and since they can't be housed together, we added tanks!)   I was sick and tired of spending a half hour a night to feed all our various Reef and FOWLR tanks.

So I began a quest to develop a "cleaner" (than the current cuisine cubes) less mushy food that would let me feed easier and reduce the expense and volume of food in the freezer. I studied everything by folks like Fenner and Julian Sprung on marine nutrition, and also "googled" everything online regarding DIY foods and essential nutrition. (Police work is often very boring so I had a lot of time to read.)

What a lot of folks don't realize is that there is a big difference between a fish living and a fish thriving because they are getting a balanced and varied diet.

So before I bore everyone to death......where's the good stuff about the food!

So, I began to purchase wholesale seafood from the Carolina Coast last may and started to mix, rinse, shred, and blend 20+ some ingredients. We peeled hundreds of pounds of fresh caught shrimp, fillet perch, cleaned squid, strained scallops, shucked oysters, etc. With the help of the same LFS we packaged one ounce samples and gave out HUNDREDS of them with my business card and told people to email comments GOOD AND BAD. The response was overwhelming so then I sought PhD advice on our blend's ratio of proteins and fats and then had it lab tested. The lab results are on our website.

Our first blend was not perfect, it was a little "mushy" and had too much spirulina.

But we kept blending, rinsing and LEARNING how to create the cleanest, lowest PO4 food out there. You may ask, "What does a cop know about fish food?" I humbly submit that I am not a biologist, but I spoke with several and read, and read and read. The bottom line is I DIDN'T INVENT ANYTHING....I simply took all the stuff in your freezer and put into a FRESHER single package.....that's it!!!

I created CONVENIENCE.....and BINGO thats what it seems the reef keeping world wants because we are shipping hundreds packs a week, every week to over 45 fish stores and the list is growing. I have no dealers in OH yet, so the purpose of the Frag Swap donation is to permit you all to try what others have named "fish crack!". I donated some food to the Atlanga, GA Reef Club's holiday party in December and within two weeks we now have almost ten stocking stores in Athens, Augusta, and Atlanta.

Soon word got out via our local forum Carolina Fish Talk, and we started giving out samples to moderators of other websites and other  retail stores. The posts that were placed online can be viewed on our ‪http://www.larrysreefservices.com/Testimonials.html and the demand for the food exploded. You HAVE To read those posts for a good laugh....I mean people said our food allowed them to heal sick fish, it made them less scared....  and they wrote their fish ate out of their hands. I can't make that stuff up....its posted on Carolina Fish Talk and Reef Sanctuary by the author, I simply cut and pasted it to my site.

The rest they say is history.....

Since our original blend was developed we released  "FISH FRENZY" which is a perfect Omnivore/Carnivore blend with the same basic seafood ingredients found in the "Reef Frenzy, just absent the coral micro foods and veggies.  The Fish Frenzy contains Fresh Filet Perch, Fresh Scallop, fresh hand peeled Shrimp, Haddock, Mysis, Krill, squid and a touch of blood worms, as well as Selco and some Garlic dosed RO.  Buffered ascorbic acid is added as a natural anti-oxidant to delay the breakdown of the HUFA. This Fish Frenzy mix is the BASE starting mix for all our blends. This December we released the HERBIVORE FRENZY food which is unlike ANYTHING in the market today. Picture soaking green/purple Nori and sea lettuce in SELCO and Garlic Dosed RO water and then adding it to the base Fish Frenzy mixture. When that Nori soaks up the seafood brine while the pack rests in your freezer, your fish go nuts and you can forget about that silly algae clip.

We literally went from mixing foods in a five gallon bucket in our kitchen last June to now having a 100% food grade stainless steel food grade processing facility. All utensils are sterile and your food never goes more than 15 feet from the ice packed seafood delivery box to final flash freezing HOBART $3,000 freezer. We have applied for REEF FRENZY to be our Federal Trademark, and are currently working with a chemist in the development of food additives to improve fish health in the captive environment. We were "forced" to purchase another commercial cooler/worktable this past weekend just to keep the volume of fresh ingredients cool and fresh before processing.

Coralgasm.com out of Florida is a great customer of ours who distributes our food to their service customers and also uses it exclusively in their coral propagation facility.  We also provide food for many aquarium service companies who pass our foods on to their clients.

I hope some of you browse our website and read the FEEDING GUIDELINES pages as well as the ‪http://www.REEFFRENZY.com main page and click on all the links.

I created the website and take pride that all the photos and product labels are of our livestock. I personally oversee the filling, and inspecting of every single pack of food sold. My son and wife assist in applying the labels to the USDA Food Grade 4 Mil Poly bags, and our operation is a labor of love and family business. We pride ourself on being "small time", and not selling out to automated equipment which sacrifices quality. We can crank out several hundred packs of food in under 5 hours, all while keeping your food ingredients below 50 degrees and in a sterile environment.  As of April 1st I am resigning from the police department and focusing 100% on the LRS FOODS business.

I thank you for your support as we truly are a family owned business. Just as I have devoted my life to public service, I would do anything I can for a fellow hobbyist if your needed our food to help get your fish to eat and be healthy.  The food business has become so busy that I am soon going on "reserve" status from the Police department, so I can focus on the business.

We just returned from the SC Aquaria Trade show where I was a guest speaker on Marine Nutrition and enriched foods. Here is my son being a salesman and a cool youtube video link below that.

Thanks for reading all this and here is a thread with some photos of our tanks. If you wanna see just how vibrant and healthy our fish and corals are after a year of "Frenzy Foods" don't miss this thread...  http://richmondreefers.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10054

Please "LIKE" us on Facebook and sign up for our newsletter, since we are trying to build both.

FACEBOOK: ‪https://www.facebook.com/LarrysReefServices

RETAIL STORES: Please contact us for dealer pricing and I will gladly provide business references if desired to demonstrate the quality of our products. We can also provide stores with small sample packages and advertising materials.

Larry DuPont
Owner
LRS FOODS, LLC

larrydup1@gmail.com

NOTE ABOUT FOODS: Going forward we are only offering an 8 oz package. It is too labor intensive to offer the 4 and 9 oz packs we originally offered.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 13:09:15 by ReefFrenzy »
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
Some good looking foods you have there. Again, welcome to Ohio Reef.

Offline Neogenesis

I'm thinking that I may have to give your food a try.  I'm getting tired of making my own all the time, and my wife hates the smell of the house for the next week.  And Welcome to Ohio Reef!!!

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
How do I go about ordering some food? I think I wanna give it a try.

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
Twisted,

Send me an email and we can discuss a way for me to offer you a few packs and try and discount the shipping. What we have done for the Atlanta and Richmond, VA reef clubs is offer an aggressive group buy if someone would volunteer to organize it.

In every club we have done this for within a week of the feedback being posted online a local retailer calls me to become a stocking dealer.

This way individuals can avoid shipping costs in the future.

Just be aware that once a few stores that can reach the majority of folks become dealers, I can not do direct sales without upsetting them.

I still have a few hundred of the 4 ounce packs pictured above in inventory on a first come first serve basis and I am shipping Mon-Wed of this week...

Thanks!!

Larry

Remember....our foods are nicknamed "Fish Crack"

This is my brain in my reef.....

This is my brain ten minutes after "Reef Frenzy"......(not taken on same day as above pic, but its the same coral.)

« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 13:36:36 by ReefFrenzy »
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
That last pic is sweet, as well as that bta. Email is inbound. Thanks

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
Those are indeed sweet BTA's.

I have received a pack of each of the 3 foods from Larry.   First impressions.
1) Everything arrived via 2 day shipping frozen rock solid.....
2) The packages are truly like the photos.
3) I thawed out some of the herbivore pack.   There was very little water frozen with the food.
4) Very clean fresh smell.
5) The main ingredient in the food is fresh peeled shrimp and fresh ocean perch.   Very nicely chopped.
6) This pack being the herbivore pack, there was plenty of Nori and sea lettuce.
7) All the rest of the ingredients are listed on the package and are very good quality.
8 ) When I put this food in my tank, I watched my skimmer.....it did not go flat or overflow.   

So far every bit of the food put in the tank is quickly devoured.....even saw my wrasse today playing keep away with a larger chunk of the food.  More feed back as I use the product longer.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Paul gave me some of this food and I feed yesterday and today with it. It is good stuff, fish loved it, Nems, scoly, acans and sun polyps ate as well.

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
Thanks for the feedback!!!

Now we just need to get some food in the local stores so the club members that have been emailing me for pending orders can avoid the shipping charges.  :-\

Did I mention that I donated THIRTY packs of our foods for the swap so TEN lucky winners will walk away with a 3 pack bundle containing one pack of each of our blends which provide a complete and balanced feeding program?

Keep the reviews coming.

Larry
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 07:16:06 by ReefFrenzy »
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Check with Gerbers Saltwater Warehouse and Marine Solutions. They are local to most of us.

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
Both stores have been contacted via email.  ;)
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com

Offline joncat24

• Adult
Both stores have been contacted via email.  ;)

Replied!
John

Offline volcano

I love the RBTA!  Mine never have bubble tips...so jealous.

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
Volcano,

You can come have him...LOL....He was great when he was one small nem for my clowns to host, but after splitting three times I am sick of him. I am really fond of my large Acan colonies but that D$%$$n hem keeps reaching out and stinging everyone.

When my wife isn't looking I reach in and smack him so he shrinks up.   :silence: :silence:

JK...but he really is a pain!! We have tried to detach part of him and give him away, but he shrinks back into the rocks like lightening and his foot is well hidden.

He takes pretty pictures though, I will give him that much.

Larry
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com

Offline volcano

Volcano,

When my wife isn't looking I reach in and smack him so he shrinks up.   :silence: :silence:

This is funny! 

Thanks for the offer, I would take it, add it to my tank, and then bubble tips would go away, lol. 

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
LRS Foods will be attending the Frag Swap and bringing all of our food blends for everyone to inspect, smell and taste.....Looking forward to meeting the club members. :be happy:

Larry
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
LRS Foods will be attending the Frag Swap and bringing all of our food blends for everyone to inspect, smell and taste.....Looking forward to meeting the club members. :be happy:

Larry

I will leave the tasting to the fish, and the other club members if they would like.

Glad to here. You going to bring plenty to sell?

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
Usually I bring about 300 mixed 4-ounce packs, which is the perfect size as an introductory pack. I hope to leave any "left overs" with the stocking dealers so you all have it available locally from that point on.

Bring a spare cooler and ice pack from home.... ;)

Larry
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
Thanks for planning to attend Larry. I will make a point to stop by and meet you.
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline njrdc

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
Love the food!!! cant wait to meet you

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
Thanks for kudos friends!!  See me at the Marine Solutions booth at the expo.  My JR VP of sales will be walking around passing out postcards.

Larry
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
When it rains it pours around here it seems.

I was contacted by the editor of Tropical Fish Hobbyist Magazine today and informed that our "Frenzy" foods will be featured in the "New Product Spotlight" section of their magazine's May edition. A writer who saw our slideshow presentation at the SC Aquaria tradeshow was impressed enough to mention our products to the editor!  They checked out the buzz online about us and requested I submit photos and a short bio today to be proofed for printing.

It's quite humbling to say the least, considering how far we have come in under a year. 

I guess it was perfect timing that I just unpacked this new machine which can fill up to 50 poly bags per minute. (This thing is awesome and cost more than my first car  :laugh:)

Sorry for the poor video but when I rotated my camera 180 degrees it "squished" the image.

It is a NSF food grade stainless steel, pneumatic, piston filler with accuracy to .1oz +/- and it has worked like a charm this past week. You simply load the hopper full of food, set the desired weight of product, and step on the pedal to fill each bag.....

Thanks for everyone's support and the orders coming in.

Larry DuPont
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com

Offline Mussin

• Adult
Looks good!  I'll have to try some out, I cant get any good food here locally (Lima,OH).

Jeremy

Offline ReefFrenzy

• Fry
    • Reef Frenzy Foods
Jeremy,

I just added a new promotion to my website for stores, which is a win-win. Have your local store check out this link:

http://www.larrysreefservices.com/Stores_look_HERE.html

You can always stop by the Marine Solutions table at the frag swap on March 23rd and buy some direct from me!  :)

Larry
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC
www.ReefFrenzy.com