2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: fish in my tank  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Bright79

• I love tangs !!!!!
  • Juvenile
fish in my tank
« on: July 24, 2011, 17:11:19 »
what would be the number of fish that we could have in our tank. we have a 65 gal. as of right now we have a blue hep tang, a yellow watchman goby, and a lawnmower goby. how many more fish can we put in our tank ?  i am wanting to get a bigger tank ( like maybe a 125) next year sometime. i dont wanna get it now cuz we plan on moving next summer. and i figure if we get it now, then by the time we get the tank ready for fish it will be time to move and i dont wanna do the new tank twice. the fish we have now are small size. i think the blue tang is about the size of a half dollar or so
I am the tank crasher !!!

Offline Learning_The_Hard_Way

• Adult
Re: fish in my tank
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 20:50:55 »
I always heard you should try to not go over 1 in of fish per 10 gal.

Offline Bright79

• I love tangs !!!!!
  • Juvenile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 21:45:45 »
the fsh i have now is a blue hep tang.....watchman goby.....and a lawnmower blenny
I am the tank crasher !!!

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 06:41:31 »
Slow down on the addition of anymore fish. The ich was a warning sign, take heed. Slow down, read as much as you can (the club has a great library, and librarian for that matter) wwm (wet web media) is a very resourceful website, and form a directional plan and stick to it (either fish only, or a FEW small fish and corals).
Most of all, Please think of the animals that are your responsibility and require your care.