2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Rapid Led  (Read 4843 times)

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
Rapid Led
« on: March 31, 2012, 15:32:09 »
So pretty impressed by them! Prices were some of the best I could find... They were a one stop shop.

Shipping was super fast... got my order on the 3rd day... I ordered from another company in Wisconsin a day before my order with rapid and it still isnt here and is scheduled for Tuesday, despite rapid being in CA and much farther away.

Parts were all well packed and assorted nicely.

Only complaint which really isnt valid is they still charged me shipping on an order that was almost $300.... But it was only 7 bucks and for the amount of money I saved on their leds and how quickly it got here, it makes it a mute point. But its the only thing I could find that they would actually be able to "improve" on.

Awesome experience, highly recommend them.
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline HUNGER

Re: Rapid Led
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 18:56:21 »
+1
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline jeremy

• Fry
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 20:26:42 »
I recently put in order with RapidLed, but they forgot to ship to screws for my predrilled/tapped heat sink.  Mike sent them out lickety-split and I had them in 2 days.  Once I finally got the fixture wired, I discovered one of the drivers had a bad Pot.  Mike was awesome in offering an exchange.  He also told me I could replace the Pot and let me know which to get.  I opted for the latter route since it was cheaper to buy a new one then send it back.

This is my third order from them and the only one I had an issue with.  Email response was very fast and I feel everything was dealt with in a very acceptable manner.  Highly recommended!

Offline saltyshell

• Fry
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 12:49:31 »
We also placed an order with rapid for a 14 gallon nano diy kit and had an excellent experience. Fast shipping, great prices, and great products.

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 13:26:21 »
Throughly impressed with the products and service, though after I had alittle more time to mess with them, there are 2 more things I would recommend them to better...

First is they didn't send me nearly enough wire nuts to complete the project... I have over 12+ connections and they sent me 2 wire nuts...

Second would be I almost prefer if they sent Bulk uncut wire as opposed to pre cut wire... alot of my placements rendered the wire they sent me useless as it came up short.

Minor stuff, But it did make me have to take a trip out to the shack to purchase these items to complete the build.

Offline mbettman

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 22:17:08 »
I agree with boon. Another issue I found is I got the plug and play but the wires way too short. My build is done but could have wnt smoother. 3 heatsinks 20 inches long and 60 crees. 5 drivers  :alas:

Offline itsalifestyle

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 00:05:34 »
I Agree they are way to short

Offline referinohio

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 12:05:30 »

Offline Bluewater

• Juvenile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 12:17:43 »
I have ordered from them 4 times now and always quick shipping and very quick response on questions or problems. Only problems that I have had with them is the driver says 8 to 14 leds and with 8 leds the driver blinked nothing major just had to put another led on it to fix the problem but that could cause a problem and have to order again. Also stay away from the 12v fan driver I received one and it would not work the fan so they sent me another still same thing so ordered one from somewhere else and worked fine. All in all excellent place to order from. I am sure I will be ordering a 5th and 6th time.  :alas:

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 12:36:51 »
If your lights blink you can adjust the voltage output(not the ma)

The driver for my Cool Whites blinks at about 50% where as the blue go all the wya down without blinking, they both have the same style of Cree and same number... I adjusted the voltage on the whites and all is well.

Offline Jon in SW Ohio

• Fry
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 14:57:22 »
I've done 3 orders with them and definitely recommend them. Price after shipping is cheaper than I can find elsewhere. I just wish they'd get the 6x9 heatsinks and cyan LEDs in soon so I can switch my reef to all LED.

Offline referinohio

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 12:04:12 »
Throughly impressed with the products and service, though after I had alittle more time to mess with them, there are 2 more things I would recommend them to better...

First is they didn't send me nearly enough wire nuts to complete the project... I have over 12+ connections and they sent me 2 wire nuts...

Second would be I almost prefer if they sent Bulk uncut wire as opposed to pre cut wire... alot of my placements rendered the wire they sent me useless as it came up short.

Minor stuff, But it did make me have to take a trip out to the shack to purchase these items to complete the build.

+1. I had to cut all my own wires.  Too short.

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 10:10:11 »
Just ordered some more LED's from em... Still great shipping, ordered 2 days ago, and they are sitting on my door step right now.

Looks like they ramped up their selection since my last visit, they have new meanwell/driver solutions, and looks like they added 5w led and plenty more colors and brands. Good stuff!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 12:17:17 »
Beat you home.  ;)

Offline Bluewater

• Juvenile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 12:25:19 »
If you are talking about the 5w xp-g's they have always been 5 w just not labeled as such. The xt-e royal blues are 5w as well but not labeled that way.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 16:15:55 »
Rapid is the only place I order from....most likely spent a few K with them over the last couple of years.