2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Corals Galore  (Read 4052 times)

Offline Bluewater

• Juvenile
Corals Galore
« on: July 17, 2013, 11:09:02 »
Anyone been here and what are you thoughts on them?

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
Re: Corals Galore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 17:50:44 »
Anyone been here and what are you thoughts on them?

Never heard of it. Where is it located?

Offline Sonnyred

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 21:02:59 »
They are located in Fairborn Ohio. Like any other lfs good price on some and bad prices on others. Quality I would say comparable to gerbers. Looks like they are still in the process of expanding. Staff wise I think they are pretty cool.

Offline barboyr

• Fry
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 22:02:16 »
I got there when they were just turning on the lights so in fairness I cannot comment on the coral, but they had a nice amount of it.  Nice assortment of fish also. It would be nice if they can make a go of it.  I love the display tank they are setting up.

Offline Bluewater

• Juvenile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 09:47:54 »
I got there when they were just turning on the lights so in fairness I cannot comment on the coral, but they had a nice amount of it.  Nice assortment of fish also. It would be nice if they can make a go of it.  I love the display tank they are setting up.
How long have they been open?

Offline bbtm64

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 11:33:27 »
I know someone who deals with them, almost exclusively. He's very impressed with them. I haven't made it to their store yet tho.
Here's their website: http://www.saltwaterfishandcoral.com/  its still under construction. I talked to the owner last night and he's thinking about sponsoring Ohio Reef, along with some other clubs.
Brent McCloskey

Offline matt78goins

• Fry
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 08:05:43 »
I haven't been there yet, but I think I'll have to check them out.  I'll let you know what I think.

Offline njrdc

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 15:43:43 »
I went there over the weekend and idk if I was inpresed. I thoight tje tanks were kind of dirty and was porley loight but not to bad for them being so knew I do think they have nothing on gerbers in slection size.

Offline tidepool

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 17:08:41 »
If I am thinking of the right place (I live in Beavercreek), the store is operated by some brothers that do the "fish thing" on the side, as they own a construction company - pretty sure the hours are limited, but they are great at opening up the shop if you make an appointment.... the "expansion" has been an ongoing vision for a few years now... IMO, it's like anywhere else with regards to pricing - I thought some items were reasonable while others were way over priced....

Stay cool everyone...

8)

Offline bobdino

• Juvenile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 09:29:33 »
Stopped by there this week. They had a large amount of corals, did some cherry picking and brought home some sweet pieces.
They have a blonde naso with streamers about 10" or more there very healthy. all their fish and corals looked healthy. They were setting up 24 new tanks when I was there as well. Spoke with the owners and they said they were looking into possibly becoming a sponsor of Ohio Reef. Give them a try.