2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: feeding gonipora?  (Read 1466 times)

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
feeding gonipora?
« on: June 29, 2017, 22:23:54 »
How many people are feeding their goni?  I have had several frags of goni over the years and have not had long term success with them.  The last one I got from lazy is doing great and I have been feeding it at least once a week.  I have a frozen mixture of rotifers, pods and cyclopeeze that I dissolve in tank water and use a long pipette and have been gently squirting it into the goni's mouths.  So far it seems to be really helping out alot.  I have been thinking of trying gonipower to see how well that works.  Tell me of your experience with your goni.
Jeff

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: feeding gonipora?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 15:22:22 »
I don't spot feed but like you feed every day Ocean Gumbo which has a lot of tiny small micron food such as; oyster feast, copepods, rotifers, pod porridge, phyto, and selcon.

Offline soldiers4christ50

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 22:56:22 »
I don't spot feed either but feed like lazy does so it can get stuff out of the water column.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 10:07:01 »
I went ahead and ordered some goniopower to try.  I have noticed that since I have been spot feeding the tenticles have been extending longer.  dont know if it is because of the feeding or my water parameters are getting more to its liking.
Jeff
wow, while I was writing this fed ex showed up, ordered from pet solutions yesterday afternoon and here it is today.

Online Steve

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 16:25:21 »
I have never spot fed mine, but the more I get my tank geared toward SPS, I have been considering it.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 18:54:57 »
I have never spot fed mine, but the more I get my tank geared toward SPS, I have been considering it.

SPS ?!?

Say it isn't so!

LOL :)
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >