2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Download Speeds  (Read 10054 times)

Offline Riderc82

• Adult
Download Speeds
« on: March 07, 2010, 00:38:18 »
Hello,
I purchased a Blue Ray player today that is able to stream Netflix movies.  So far I'm loving it but after doing a little reading it looks like the picture quality gets better with a faster internet connection.  I have Road Runner (cheaper package 7 MBPS) I'm wondering what other Road Runner users are getting.  I'm currently getting download speeds of 4996 KBPS I've tested on my PC and Mac they are both connected to the internet using a wireless router.  I turned in my old Road Runner modem today and got a newer one I was hoping it would help me get closer to the 7 MBPS that they advertise but my download speeds didn't change.   Time Warner said they would come out and install a new line into the house for $45 but I'm guessing they will just drill a hole into my house and call it a day I'm pretty sure they aren't going to fish it through the walls or anything for $45.  Here's the site I used
http://www.bandwidthplace.com/

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
Re: Download Speeds
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 00:51:03 »
I've got the standard RR package (~$50/mo) and I just got 10000kbps.
Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

Offline Riderc82

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 01:07:16 »
are you plugged into the modem or running wireless?  I think my house has a bunch of splitters or something but I don't know much about cable but I remember when the guy came over to hook up the cable he made a comment about how many lines where going into the house and how I need to make sure I leave this line amplifier plugged in. 

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 01:14:24 »
i just steal  from some one eleas wireless   ;D
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 01:15:22 »
Here's mine

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 01:18:08 »
My connection runs from the modem to my wireless router, but I'm connected with a cable. Spliters are a killer. My parents connections is awful because if all of the spliters they have. If you want speed, make sure you're connected via Ethernet cable, it is (theoretically) twice as fast.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 01:21:01 by jd »
Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

Offline jeremyt

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 01:19:44 »
ya ethernets are da bomb

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 01:28:51 »
defiantly hard line it.You are limited to the speed of your wireless connection if not. BIG difference
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline Riderc82

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 01:56:31 »
I have the DVD player running directly off the router using a ethernet cable.  I use to be pretty savy when it comes to technology but anymore it confuses me.  I have a Linksys WRT54G router, so my next question is if I upgrade to a N router does it make the hardwired (ethernet connections) any faster or just things that are connected using Wi-fi (is it possible my?  Im guessing the router is more than capable of keeping up with my terrible connection but I don't know.  We don't have any cable installers on here do we?

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 02:02:45 »
The N protocol inscreases wireless speed only. A new N router may have 1Gbit Ethernet but you're nowhere near that :)  I'd run your modem from the firsts split. If timewarner wants to install a new line from the pole for $45 thats pretty good. The best thing you could have is a line from the pole that goes right to the modem then too your router with as little cable between them all as you can.
Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 09:46:09 »
I have RR-Turbo,  I just ran that d/l test and got

26277 kbps download
722 kbps upload

This is this is in the morning though.  In the evenings, its about half that amount.

This was on a wireless G too.  How do you guys figure that wireless is limiting the connection.   Wireless G can do this speed easily, and Wireless N goes much higher.   The only real problem with wireless, is trying to run lag free games......it could also be a little problem if your neighbors all have wireless running too.    Routers will also help with lag and to some extent speed.  Don't buy cheap Wireless routers.    Wired is the best for lag free response, or large peer to peer file transfers.

As for the cable connection.  A time warner tech told me.  Use a single two port splitter to go to the modem, then split down stream for the rest of the house......I also installed a full bandwith signal amplifier for the rest of the house.

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 12:40:25 »
Run a direct line without any splitters for your RR connection. I have gotten nearly 15MBps before.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 13:24:57 »
Run a direct line without any splitters for your RR connection. I have gotten nearly 15MBps before.

Kinda tough if you had Cable TV

Offline Riderc82

• Adult
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 13:48:04 »

As for the cable connection.  A time warner tech told me.  Use a single two port splitter to go to the modem, then split down stream for the rest of the house......I also installed a full bandwith signal amplifier for the rest of the house.

They ran a new line when I got my roadrunner from the pole and buried it 1/2" under the ground to the house, for the first year I had to constantly watch the dog because she loved to dig it up for me.  I think I'm going to chase the wires I have two grey boxes on my house one is on the back of the house and enters the upstairs and the other cable line comes from the side of the house from another grey box that appears to be an old satellite box and that enters on the side of the house.  I'm guessing this is where my problem lies because upstairs there are three cable wires coming out of one hole and one of the wires is plugged into a transformer plug. 

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 13:59:25 »
there are three cable wires coming out of one hole and one of the wires is plugged into a transformer plug. 

That sounds like a signal amplifier.

The best thing to start with is a straight, unsplit, connection.  See what you get, then move on from there

Offline Riderc82

• Adult
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 14:04:53 »
I don't like the idea of paying another $45 and adding a small hole to my house but I may have them come out and run a dedicated line from the pole to my cable modem.  So far my Netflix hasn't stopped to buffer and the picture quality is near or at DVD quality so maybe I'm just being to critical but you would think the cable company would verify your getting what you are paying for which is 7 Mbps.  In my mind this is like going to the gas station and only getting half the gas the pump says you got.

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 18:05:48 »
If you have cable, split it and run a dedicated line for the RR.

With RR the speeds will vary based on number of users. The speed also varies based on things beyond RRs control.

Offline UDJustin

• Adult
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 19:46:30 »
I have att Uverse which they give you a dedicated line so in theory what they tell you that you are getting should be what your are getting
If you didn't know I'm kind of a big deal...

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 19:50:05 »
Justin,

How do you like uVerse? 

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 19:50:56 »
I have att Uverse which they give you a dedicated line so in theory what they tell you that you are getting should be what your are getting

Thats the selling point of DSL over RR, although Ive never noticed a slowdown in my RR.

Offline UDJustin

• Adult
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 08:42:48 »
Uverse isnt dsl its a cable. I like it with that being said its a little more expensive than cable but the tv quality is much better in my opinion and its nice not worring how many people are trying to use the same bandwidth as me.

Offline harleyrider

• Adult
  • If you have to ask, you cant afford it!
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 09:41:36 »
I have RR-Turbo,  I just ran that d/l test and got

26277 kbps download
722 kbps upload

This is this is in the morning though.  In the evenings, its about half that amount.

This was on a wireless G too.  How do you guys figure that wireless is limiting the connection.   Wireless G can do this speed easily, and Wireless N goes much higher.   The only real problem with wireless, is trying to run lag free games......it could also be a little problem if your neighbors all have wireless running too.    Routers will also help with lag and to some extent speed.  Don't buy cheap Wireless routers.    Wired is the best for lag free response, or large peer to peer file transfers.

Thats pretty good speed for RR, but like you state it depends on the time of day which sucks,,I had RR Turbo and got rid of it, I went to Clearwire which is totally wireless and ran over the Sprit Towers which i am runing 1.5 MB which blows RR Turbo out of the water,, I pay $25.32 a month unlimited and and i have that price locked in and will never go up as long as i stay a ongoing customer, and in may there is going to be a upgrade done and they guarntee you well get 6 MB which will be like lightning... and depending on how close you are to a tower you could get speeds up to 10 MB, and you dont have to worry about cables, spitters or non of that crap

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 10:31:19 »
Just checked and got:

Offline reefman

• Adult
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 11:21:21 »
NICE!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2010, 11:24:58 »
WOW that is insane Gary. I am going to have to get my cable modem upgraded. It is about 6 years old.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 13:27:51 »
I went to Clearwire which is totally wireless and ran over the Sprit Towers which i am runing 1.5 MB which blows RR Turbo out of the water,, I pay $25.32 a month unlimited and and i have that price locked in and will never go up as long as i stay a ongoing customer, and in may there is going to be a upgrade done and they guarntee you well get 6 MB which will be like lightning... and depending on how close you are to a tower you could get speeds up to 10 MB, and you dont have to worry about cables, spitters or non of that crap

I'd like to see the data.  I cannot see a Cellular network coming even close to competing.  With DSL, Cable or Fiber.

Offline harleyrider

• Adult
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 21:21:19 »
I'd like to see the data.  I cannot see a Cellular network coming even close to competing.  With DSL, Cable or Fiber.

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 21:26:11 »
I gotta say harley, you're 1.91 doesn't beat Gary's 16.8  ;)
Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

Offline Riderc82

• Adult
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2010, 21:28:08 »
Well here is mine from tonight, I preformed this test running my laptop using wireless and having my DVD player streaming a movie using an ethernet cable.

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 21:34:18 »
Here's mine from tonight. Sdt. RR, wired connection

Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2010, 21:36:14 »

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2010, 21:38:48 »
I think Paul lives next, or inside of, a RR junction box.  ;D
Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

slandis3

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2010, 21:45:05 »

Offline harleyrider

• Adult
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2010, 21:45:30 »

lmao, you gotta love these reading your running more than 7 times what they say you could possibly get, then look at your rating with only a 3 out of 5 star, gotta love it

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2010, 21:52:04 »
lmao, you gotta love these reading your running more than 7 times what they say you could possibly get, then look at your rating with only a 3 out of 5 star, gotta love it

Ya I don't quite believe the test.   But overall I'm happy with the speed I get in this area.

Offline harleyrider

• Adult
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2010, 21:55:21 »
Ya I don't quite believe the test.   But overall I'm happy with the speed I get in this area.

Im with you on that and speedtest.net is not a good site for a test, they are trying to sell you software to speed up your computer, and try to get you to another service provider that will run even faster imagine that lmao

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 01:42:42 »
Man mine sucks. Using RR cable with earthlink as ISP.

Offline ghurlag

• Adult
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2010, 22:17:35 »

:banghead

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2010, 22:26:09 »
ill test mine when i find whos internet im useing
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline reefman

• Adult
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2010, 22:29:21 »
Mine is in the 20s with RRTurbo

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2010, 23:31:12 »
So what legal activites could you Possibly need 50mb of download and only 700kb upload?  :laugh:

this is why people in CA hate the ATT service on their iPhones:

Download: 202 kbps
Upload: 216 kbps
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 23:35:55 by cyberwollf »
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2010, 20:14:24 »
So what legal activites could you Possibly need 50mb of download and only 700kb upload?  :laugh:

this is why people in CA hate the ATT service on their iPhones:

Download: 202 kbps
Upload: 216 kbps

It's pointless to have a connection that fast, as most sites your transferring from won't push the data that fast.  I got RR Turbo as a free upgrade two years back.  Now if I try to remove the damn thing from my account, they will have to "fix" my billing, and everything goes up.

I hate TW,  I've been thinking about going to uVerse, but I need more boxes, and that just jacks up the price.  With TW, you can still run old analog TV's and even get the base digital signal without a box.

Offline Riderc82

• Adult
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2010, 21:52:41 »
I agree TW stinks, We took back our cable box because if you get the basic digital package you have to flip through 400 channels you don't get.  It would be nice if you didn't have to see "this is not included in your package" and they only showed the channels you actually get.  I took back the box and just have the cable plugged into the TV.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2010, 12:38:01 »
I dont know who hosts internet for the complexes on reasearch blvd, but this is what I got while in a Defense Acquition University class. !!! i think I'm just gonna host a site here :)

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline rayk

• Juvenile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 16:31:33 »
From work:

Offline Riderc82

• Adult
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2010, 17:58:36 »

well I finally plugged the PC into the router....Looks like it's time to call Time Warner

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2010, 22:16:52 »
Just redid mine, but went through the Cincinnati server and got a lot slower speed.

Offline Riderc82

• Adult
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2010, 22:58:05 »
well my RR has been offline for three days so Time Warner came out today and finally looked at my connection.  I guess the problem was the line for the cable modem was being amplified and it is not supposed to be.  So I redid the test and with my wife watching netflix and me doing the test wireless this is what I'm getting now

Offline UDflyer00

• Adult
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2010, 13:51:55 »
Man I'm pretty upset with my RR connection... One night i had .5 Mbs down... Called RR and they were like "that's well below the 7 MB you're provisioned for."  You think? :P  So we went through the whole plug directly into the cable modem and not the Netgear router and that got it up to like 1.1 .  So after some more testing got an appointment setup for them to stop out, but surprise, surprise in the morning before heading into work i was getting like 12 Mbs.  So of course when the guy came out he did nothing...  But since then it has returned to it's slow ways...  Pulling between 1.5 - 2.5 tops... :S  I'm so mad about this.  Would exchanging my Cable modem make any bit of a difference?  I too have an older one (4+ years old).

My setup --> Cable from pole to 2 way splitter at cable box -> line directly for my cable modem -> Netgear FR114p -> PC

it's driving me crazy that i'm paying $40+ for 1.5 mb... :S
65 g AGA - Kettering

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2010, 15:18:20 »
I am guessing it is not your cable modem. If it had a capacity limit due to old technology then it would likely always be slow. That doesn't rule out a faulty modem or general line saturation. Try rescheduling the appointment for as late in the day as you can. Because morning and midday everyone is at work not using the system.

slandis3

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2010, 16:52:31 »
I guess the problem was the line for the cable modem was being amplified and it is not supposed to be. 

When they came out and tested my line a while back they thought the same thing that the amp was messing with my connection. It turned out to be a bad wire coming into the house.

KeepOnReefin

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2010, 20:03:34 »
i just steal  from some one eleas wireless   ;D

Careful, thats a felony :p

I had Turbo, got 22Mbps down, about 2Mbps up. Currently using something else, about .5Mbps up and down.

If you can spare the cash it well worth running CAT5 to your living room. Especially if you game. Event he best WiFi routers can't keep up with the speeds, and latency of a proper network.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2010, 23:05:38 »
nope only if u hack into there computer  its legal if i can just pick it up
SIZE DOES MATTER

KeepOnReefin

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2010, 23:57:17 »
nope only if u hack into there computer  its legal if i can just pick it up

Its only legal if you are authorized, with permission to use the connection. If I walk up to a government terminal, that isn't locked, its the same thing. Trust me you don't have to break a key to break the law. Its federal now. As goofy as it is, they can still have your rear for it.

http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_unauthorized_access_computer_network_crime.htm

http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/237

http://cyb3rcrim3.blogspot.com/2010/03/unauthorized-access-strictly-construed.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_piggybacking

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/whitecollarcrime_blog/2005/07/dude_dont_bogar.html

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2010, 07:05:04 »
ya perty much what all that say if its locked and i braek the lock and steal info or defrad than i can get in trouble but other than than the goverment  can do nothing 
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline hamiltro

• Juvenile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2010, 00:57:18 »
Man I'm pretty upset with my RR connection... One night i had .5 Mbs down... Called RR and they were like "that's well below the 7 MB you're provisioned for."  You think? :P  So we went through the whole plug directly into the cable modem and not the Netgear router and that got it up to like 1.1 .  So after some more testing got an appointment setup for them to stop out, but surprise, surprise in the morning before heading into work i was getting like 12 Mbs.  So of course when the guy came out he did nothing...  But since then it has returned to it's slow ways...  Pulling between 1.5 - 2.5 tops... :S  I'm so mad about this.  Would exchanging my Cable modem make any bit of a difference?  I too have an older one (4+ years old).

My setup --> Cable from pole to 2 way splitter at cable box -> line directly for my cable modem -> Netgear FR114p -> PC

it's driving me crazy that i'm paying $40+ for 1.5 mb... :S

RR is funny in how it works alot of people on will slow down the system. image back in the old days of AOL about 6-8 you would get a busy tone cause everyone was one. also a side note on RR "In an internal usage report, 10% of Road Runner subscribers use over 90% of the bandwidth, which leaves 90% of the other paying customers with access to increasingly burden network."  sorry guys  :D

but i have switched to DSL now yes you dont get the 15Mps download but i get a continuous speed, also I am new to DSL rumor is that the network will optimize so it might be a little slow at first but in a week or two

also i dont like how you have to pay for the modem on RR, yea i had to buy the modem on ATT but i get a instant rebate so now i dont have to pay the 5ish dollars a month for the modem. or 60 dollars a year. ok i think i am done bashing Time Warner now
55 gal working on upgrading to 120 with a 55 Sump(unless I find a deal on a bigger tank)

slandis3

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2010, 05:02:36 »

also i dont like how you have to pay for the modem on RR, yea i had to buy the modem on ATT but i get a instant rebate so now i dont have to pay the 5ish dollars a month for the modem. or 60 dollars a year. ok i think i am done bashing Time Warner now

Really? My bill doesn't reflect any extra for the modem.

Offline UDJustin

• Adult
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2010, 05:46:55 »
I have fiber optic cable with att uverse you also pay for a certain speed and it doesnt matter how many people are on

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2010, 08:27:53 »
i heard that the fiber optic was perty sweet but expincive
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2010, 15:07:51 »
Exchanged out a old Toshiba modem for the new Cisco and speed went down.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2010, 17:07:02 »
Thats probably within the margin of error and dependent on time of day loading, right?

Offline Kenn

« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2010, 17:15:01 »
Thats probably within the margin of error and dependent on time of day loading, right?

Thats what I was thinking... but I am just a self taught 20+ year computer nerd (the first computer I rebuilt was a TRS 80  :o back in 1985)

So I defer  to Brians up to date experience as an IT :)

You should see my horrible speeds when I have 4 of my 9 computers downloading torrents  :laugh:
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2010, 17:33:43 »
I will try it other times of day to see if it does better but I am sure that is the case as well as being in a heavily populated area.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2012, 19:25:16 »
Upgraded from Standard to Turbo which helped quite a bit

Before

After

Offline Kenn

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2012, 19:32:07 »
oh yes... I did the same thing a few months back with the same result :)

Offline Bluewater

• Juvenile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2012, 09:46:25 »
Speed is going to depend on the time of the day due to it is regulated by the amount of users. Also depends on how far you are from the hub. Also depends on how far away you are trying to download from. If running wireless depends on how far the router is from the wireless adapter. Also going to depend on if anyone close to you is running on the same channel wireless as you are. This is what I am running here mid day wireless.

Offline Bluewater

• Juvenile
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2012, 09:50:34 »
Thats what I was thinking... but I am just a self taught 20+ year computer nerd (the first computer I rebuilt was a TRS 80  :o back in 1985)

So I defer  to Brians up to date experience as an IT :)

You should see my horrible speeds when I have 4 of my 9 computers downloading torrents  :laugh:
That would also depends on how many proxies you are running through.  :smiley-happy112:

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2012, 17:50:38 »
We got Netflix and the wife was complaning about internet speed so upgraded to Ultimate.
Standard

Turbo

Ultimate

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2012, 18:04:12 »
Turbo should have been plenty for netflix.... Lol on the unltimate my buddy gpt the elite premiere.... His bench mark averages 108
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2012, 18:42:24 »
It is fine with netflix by itself but we are having 2 netflix movies running at same time as playing a computer game at same time as on Youtube. With four of us  internet bandwith heavy at same time we chewed it up pretty quick. 

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2012, 20:06:24 »
Understood, My house runs on 25 and it bogs down just between me and the wife ROFL. Thought you meant netflix alone wasn't working.

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2013, 18:06:04 »
I made the jump... Mind you I only pay for standard now... I hate getting rid of it, considering I am really getting alot more than what I pay for, but they basically gave me 50mbps service for free. So I will give it a run.

Before...

After... ;)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 18:28:38 by Boonjob »

Offline charlieweaver

• Adult
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2013, 03:03:08 »
Yeah have elite business and get on average 120-150down and 10-15 up.   But my job pays for it you don't want to know monthly cost.  But I have to upload and download unrendered and rendered videos that some times are around 100gbs. So need fast Internet.