2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Water pressure question, West Carrollton area peeps  (Read 2240 times)

Offline ~reefchik~

• Adult
    • Real Job:  HunnyBuns Nursery & Reborn Supply
Water pressure question, West Carrollton area peeps
« on: April 03, 2010, 23:02:11 »
As you local folks know (West Carrollton, Miamisburg) we had another water main break about a week ago at Gebhart Church Rd (what is it with that area?  That's the third one in about 6 months!). 

Are any of you noticing random low water pressure since then?  We had perfectly good pressure til that happened, and since we got the water back, we're noticing serious low pressure issues that are totally random.  It's messing with our toilet valves, though, and it's a real pain in the shower. Normal pressure just comes and goes. 

We talked to one neighbor but they say they haven't noticed anything.  So we're not sure if it's in our house, and just coincidental or not.
-Steph
--------------
What do you call an old reefer with no tank? 
:-(
-----------------------------

Offline harleyrider

• Adult
  • If you have to ask, you cant afford it!
Re: Water pressure question, West Carrollton area peeps
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 01:37:47 »
They said on the news the other day that w. carrollton would be doing hydrant draining a few days a week or somthing like that all month and you could very well get some rust, they said, i put new filters in my ro/di a wk ago, and they look like they been there 5 years

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 09:20:04 »
If they are doing hydrant flushing it is probably affecting your water pressure.

Offline ~reefchik~

• Adult
    • Real Job:  HunnyBuns Nursery & Reborn Supply
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 21:53:06 »
Flushing the hydrants?  Interesting, I hadn't heard that.  Well, I dunno.  I think it's us, or something in the house.  I noticed how yellow the water is on occasion though.

We're thinking maybe the water softener is shot.  First you get good pressure, then it slowly dies away to about half.
If you flush a toilet, forget getting anything more than a dribble for about 5 minutes.  It's very irritating  ::)

Since our WS doesn't have a by-pass it's not real easy to check, either. 

When you're a homeowner, ain't it always something!
-Steph
--------------
What do you call an old reefer with no tank? 
:-(
-----------------------------

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 12:22:56 »
If you are getting rusty water it definately sounds like hydrant flushing after affects.

Every spring towns go around and open up each hydrant for a few minutes to flush them out and to make sure they are working properly. When they do this it sometimes knocks rust loose which discolors your water. Also, whenever a hydrant is open you lose water pressure.

Ask your neighbors if they are having issues. If they're not then you can narrow it down to your house.