2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: June 2011 Meeting  (Read 12468 times)

Offline slandis3

• Lifetime Premium Member
    • Slandiscreations
Re: June 2011 Meeting
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2011, 21:38:53 »
I want to thank everyone for coming out today. We had a really good time it was also nice to meet you guys and put faces to names. Todays meeting felt like the old days, just a group of members hanging out having fun. Had fun building Pete's stand tonight as well.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2011, 22:05:28 »
I want to thank everyone for coming out today. We had a really good time it was also nice to meet you guys and put faces to names. Todays meeting felt like the old days, just a group of members hanging out having fun. Had fun building Pete's stand tonight as well.

Requests for a beer style for next month's meeting?
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline slandis3

• Slandiscreations
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2011, 22:07:50 »
The only request I have is eye protection is required while Wes is re-pressurizing the keg lol

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2011, 23:06:38 »
The only request I have is eye protection is required while Wes is re-pressurizing the keg lol

Yea... That was crazy.... ?

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2011, 23:06:53 »
Requests for a beer style for next month's meeting?

one that isn't soo... explosive?:P rofl j/k that was very good brew you brought, looking forward to the next.

Agreed, was a great turn out imo, and had a good time! looking forward to the next one
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2011, 23:58:20 »
Todays meeting felt like the old days, just a group of members hanging out having fun. Had fun building Pete's stand tonight as well.

A BIG +1!!!  Loved the old days.  This was a nice breath of fresh air!  :)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2011, 01:38:03 »
It was a lot of fun! Thanks Mike, your tank, corals and fish where awesome!

Offline slandis3

• Slandiscreations
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2011, 08:55:50 »
Thanks everyone, If no one wants to host July's meeting I will gladly host it as well.

Offline thepipbull

• Adult
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2011, 10:37:05 »
It was good to see and meet everybody. And Thanks alot Mike for Hosting.
Since I started back in January the meeting have started to grow more and more each time. Very excited about the next one!!!

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2011, 16:00:33 »
I would like to thank Mike for graciously hosting, and offering to host next months meeting as well  :-ThumbUpsm. Also, of course, thanks for darn near building my entire stand for me.

Thank you to Cody for giving me a lift there and back, also for the good company. You to Chris!

Lazylivin, thanks for the macro. Also for taking the time to ask how things were coming and the interest in my setup details. Brother, I really hope you find another way around your phosphate issue. Short of replacing your rock!

Micki, thank you for the dry rock. Also for doing me a solid favor with the sand order.

It was great to meet everyone, and as stated before, great to put faces with names finally. Looking foward to next months gig. Hint hint Mike  ;)

Offline slandis3

• Slandiscreations
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2011, 17:34:54 »
No problem, that was one of the easiest stand I have built in a while.  I am glad everyone had a good time.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2011, 19:19:22 »
Thanks everyone, If no one wants to host July's meeting I will gladly host it as well.

Let me talk to the wife... My tank isnt much to look at, but i can give you a break from hosting back to back meetings, maybe.

Offline Viggen

« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2011, 22:13:29 »
I wanted to make it but with the family stuff I couldn't...... hopefully next time I can make it out
300g tub o fish

Offline Dshu

• Fry
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2011, 18:09:11 »
Thank you, Mike, for hosting a great meeting. It was nice to meet Sara(sp?) and the boys. What you have accomplished is very impressive and everyones advice and kindness was most appreciated. All the best, Dave

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2011, 22:37:04 »
work just kept me away.  wanted to see that tank!
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...