2024 flyer

Author Topic: EBAY  (Read 727 times)

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
EBAY
« on: September 21, 2008, 22:22:28 »
 :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

I was in line to win a phosban reactor for 6 dollars plus shipping of 10 dollars (had less than 5 minutes to go)  I looked and the auction was cancelled.  I sent the seller a question about what happened and he responded.  I closed the auction because I sold the item locally for 30 dollars.

CAN HE DO THAT???  anyone deal with problems like this before??  what can ebay even do.. nothing for me right???

:banghead :banghead :banghead

slandis3

Re: EBAY
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 23:29:36 »
I have bought and sold a lot of stuff on ebay. It happens on a quite often. The seller has the right to end the auction when ever he/she wants. not fair but it does happen

Offline Amstar

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 23:34:52 »
I was sooooooooo close.   man that would of been nice for that price.  Da#n me for already figuring out how I was going to work it into my sump design.

Offline Todd W.

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 07:17:54 »
Either that or the seller did not want to part with the item for that low of a price. 

What was their feedback rating?

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 07:19:43 »
Some sellers, especially on big ticket items, will actually state that the item is up for sale locally so auction may end at any time. In that case at least you have a heads up when you bid.

Offline verper

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 17:23:51 »
I think you can only gripe (and actually have them do something about it) to ebay if the seller reposts the item for sale again after it was cancelled with so little time left.  Keep an eye out to see if it is reposted.