2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Alcohol review...  (Read 2000 times)

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
Alcohol review...
« on: July 29, 2011, 22:03:14 »
Here's my review of Myers White Rum FYI.  Micki, take note...

Typical of Myers and other premium rums, has full-bodied taste and not as wimpy as Bacardi.  Does not taste like Myers Dark.

Great in mixed drinks.  Seems to make typical rum-based drinks taste better.

Drink responsibly.  Don't drink if you're underage.  This review is not an endorsement of the consumption of alcohol.  No inverts were harmed in the making of this post.  All rights reserved.  Rebates to dealer.  May not apply to all customers or in all areas. Void where prohibited.  Mileage may vary. :tongue:
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
Re: Alcohol review...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 23:48:02 »
When i first read this i thought you were talking about Meijer Rum LOL... You know its good becuase its in a plastic bottle :)
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 23:49:50 »
Maybe we should try that as a vodka-dosing substitute.  It's cheap AND from Meijers...  How can you go wrong?
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 23:59:18 »
I was drinking Woodfords Reserve and 12 year Jameson tonight...and High Life Light :)

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 00:33:57 »
I was drinking Woodfords Reserve and 12 year Jameson tonight...and High Life Light :)

I love woodford reserve! and Jameson I was just in to both of them the other night... and I surprisingly just got done with some high life(not my choice but at 6.99 a 12pk meh) lol
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 07:47:17 »
Here's my review of Myers White Rum FYI.  Micki, take note...

Typical of Myers and other premium rums, has full-bodied taste and not as wimpy as Bacardi.  Does not taste like Myers Dark.

Great in mixed drinks.  Seems to make typical rum-based drinks taste better.

Drink responsibly.  Don't drink if you're underage.  This review is not an endorsement of the consumption of alcohol.  No inverts were harmed in the making of this post.  All rights reserved.  Rebates to dealer.  May not apply to all customers or in all areas. Void where prohibited.  Mileage may vary. :tongue:

:-ThumbUpsm   :party0040:    :matrix-smiley-007:

lagalaxy8

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 13:08:44 »
Get a bottle of Overproof Rum. Great for rum & coke, but horriable for shots. Take a shot when you want to stop drinking, you won't drink again the rest of the night.

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 13:11:41 »
ROFL... get a bottle of 190 and pound about half of it in a stupid drunken dare... you wont drink again for a few years... ;) yeah I'm not talking out of experience or anything on this one.

Been there, done that.  I was in the Phillipines at the time.  Everclear shots, too!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 16:42:14 by Boonjob »

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 15:17:11 »
i can do  Everclear shots i love that stuff
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 16:27:21 »
I liked 190, especially with mixed freshly sliced tropical fruit in a big water jug... after that night tough I didn't touch anything alcohol related for almost an entire year.... and we aren't talking a few shots... literally more than half a liter smashed in one gulping attempt; tried to do the whole bottle.. This was after 2 hours of already non stop drinking and directly after something that involved duct tape, hands and a couple of 40's ROFL... I am dumb, but I was even dumber that night. The rest of the weekend was not pretty at all and I will never do it again(atleast like that)...

there are a set of photos of me that night on facebook slightly before I passed out for the count...I don't remember showing up to the house nor anything from that weekend, but the pictures tell it all(sigh)

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 16:43:14 by Boonjob »

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 19:28:58 »
Are you Boonjob on Face Book???  :)

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 20:57:57 »
Are you Boonjob on Face Book???  :)

no lol, I don't do facebook anymore and it wasn't on my page(was on a friends) I'll see if I can find them

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 21:14:37 »
I'm not seeing them anymore, they were almost 4 yrs old... it was like a week before/after I turned 21 I think. They were pretty gruesome... I would not recommend getting that drunk for anyone... and though I did not go to the hospital(not my choice), I really should have... I was under solid from Friday at about 11pm till roughly Sunday at 5pm... my sister said my lips were blue for almost an entire 12hr stretch and I missed 2 days of work because of it on the third I came in carrying a bottle of scope and made a bed out of cardboard boxes and slept for 6 of my 8hr shift... for the first week or so after that just the smell of alcohol made me hurl...very unpleasant. It was very dumb.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 09:12:05 »
Ya, that doesn't sound too smart!

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 11:10:52 »
Ya, that doesn't sound too smart!

Ehh, that is how we learn... I just know my limits now.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 12:08:24 »
and directly after something that involved duct tape, hands and a couple of 40's ROFL...

Edward 40-hands!