2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Soldering leds  (Read 7203 times)

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
Re: Soldering leds
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 16:50:32 »
If anyone orders from ReefLEDLights, I just spoke with Bill and he gave me the discount code REEF2REEF to use for your ordering.  They just recently lowered their pricing, so this is an additional 5% off of the lowered prices.

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 17:21:21 »
If anyone orders from ReefLEDLights, I just spoke with Bill and he gave me the discount code REEF2REEF to use for your ordering.  They just recently lowered their pricing, so this is an additional 5% off of the lowered prices.

Kev
Brown chicken brown cow! Kev, you are the man!  :-ThumbUpsm

Offline DarinSchmidt

• darinschmidt@gmail.com
  • The wisest man knows he knows nothing at all.
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 19:37:15 »
Has anyone checked out cutter? Its like 5 something an led. And they sell your drivers and such too. By far the best price I have seen. 5% on 5 bucks per led isn't much to talk about. Cutter gives free shipping over $100. They sell the drivers and everything.

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 19:58:06 »
Has anyone checked out cutter? Its like 5 something an led. And they sell your drivers and such too. By far the best price I have seen. 5% on 5 bucks per led isn't much to talk about. Cutter gives free shipping over $100. They sell the drivers and everything.
Wow, just trying to be appreciative.  :th_madboom:

Offline DarinSchmidt

• darinschmidt@gmail.com
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2011, 20:06:43 »
well nm, they must have upped their prices recently because they are around the $6-7 mark and i cant find the XPGs on a 20mm star. They did send me their wholesale prices though.... maybe i should check in with them and see if those have changed as well.

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 20:51:58 »
well nm, they must have upped their prices recently because they are around the $6-7 mark and i cant find the XPGs on a 20mm star. They did send me their wholesale prices though.... maybe i should check in with them and see if those have changed as well.
Seriously, I was on cutters site today. Had to restrain for a moment. I was wondering were you were getting the XPGs from? You answered my question though. ???

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 20:58:00 »
my brother in law can get em seriously cheap(not sure on the "bin") but we have to bulk order em, like a 1000 each order
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline DarinSchmidt

• darinschmidt@gmail.com
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 21:22:06 »
Seriously, I was on cutters site today. Had to restrain for a moment. I was wondering were you were getting the XPGs from? You answered my question though. ???

yeah, its been a couple months since i been on their site, but heck i did a group buy and got them for just over 4 bucks, and the wholesale price was around 4 also, and now i go on there you can only get them on the smallest pcb, not the 20mm normal sized one, and they are around 6-7.... i dont get what the deal is. So i'll have to check my wholesale price list again to see whats going on.

Offline Cole Harlow

• Adult
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 18:43:19 »
just wondering if anybody has a lux/par meter i could buy or borrow thanks
90 gallon shallow

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 18:49:08 »
for a $10 premium subscription you can use the club's par meter as much as you like. cheaper than buying one ;)

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 19:00:41 »
for a $10 premium subscription you can use the club's par meter as much as you like. cheaper than buying one ;)
:th_boredsmiley:, speaking of which...sure is boring waiting for it though. I'll be happy to see if I can pick it up about oh say...the next meeting.

Offline DarinSchmidt

• darinschmidt@gmail.com
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 20:49:27 »
i have one that you hook to a multimeter you can borrow. Its the sensor. You connect it, read the miliVolts and multiply it by 5 and thats your PAR

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2011, 21:10:35 »
i have one that you hook to a multimeter you can borrow. Its the sensor. You connect it, read the miliVolts and multiply it by 5 and thats your PAR
Oh yeah! If we get together before the meeting I'll take you up on that. Thank you brother  :-Rock

Offline DarinSchmidt

• darinschmidt@gmail.com
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2011, 21:13:32 »
NP, just bring it back within a couple weeks, remember, i live up north in sidney. Though it would be a good chance for you to see my tank. Or i'm sure we could arrange something to where i can pick it up as i work in dayton sun-thurs and i get off at 3

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2011, 21:24:01 »
Same here... I need to get mine back from a buddy though
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2011, 22:17:02 »
NP, just bring it back within a couple weeks, remember, i live up north in sidney. Though it would be a good chance for you to see my tank. Or i'm sure we could arrange something to where i can pick it up as i work in dayton sun-thurs and i get off at 3
Yeah, I'm just a stones throw away Mon-Fri in area B. I live three minutes away from the museum, so maybe this Sunday? We could always go grab a beer after your done at work?
I will see your tank soon however, just waiting on the green jump light. I'll try not to fall through your ceiling...promise  ;)

Offline DarinSchmidt

• darinschmidt@gmail.com
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2011, 22:18:40 »
lol, alright, sounds good to me

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2011, 22:40:48 »
You do have insurance? Right? Lmao

Offline DarinSchmidt

• darinschmidt@gmail.com
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2011, 22:55:00 »
ha, of course. Got to when you have a loan on a house. Wouldnt be wise not to even if you didnt have a loan.

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2011, 00:10:48 »
ha, of course. Got to when you have a loan on a house. Wouldnt be wise not to even if you didnt have a loan.
Ahh, I was just kidding. I don't do stuff like that (fall through ceilings that is)

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2011, 00:12:58 »
Ahh, I was just kidding. I don't do stuff like that (fall through ceilings that is)

I don't think anyone tries... just kinda happens rofl

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2011, 00:24:38 »
I don't think anyone tries... just kinda happens rofl
Not too sure about the ones who do fall, but personally I've got over a 72" arm span. Think I got this

Offline DarinSchmidt

• darinschmidt@gmail.com
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2011, 06:23:48 »
I know you're joking. Just letting you know that if it happens, we're covered lol

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2011, 07:45:19 »
I know you're joking. Just letting you know that if it happens, we're covered lol
Good to know!