2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Worms??  (Read 2735 times)

Offline hamiltro

• Juvenile
Worms??
« on: April 20, 2010, 00:39:29 »
So i move one of my turbo snails tonight and found two worms under it, i was able to catch one of them. sorry for the bad pics but they seems to be white flat and "hairy"
are they good or bad? how should i remove if bad?

55 gal working on upgrading to 120 with a 55 Sump(unless I find a deal on a bigger tank)

Offline HUNGER

Re: Worms??
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 07:19:43 »
looks like a briste worm not good but not bad they have there purpese we all have them   u will never get them all out of ur tank
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline mdcoblentz

• Juvenile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 09:33:17 »
definately bristleworms.  They have a bad rap cuz when something dies they venture out to eat it and alot of people have thought they were the cause of the death which really wasn't true.  They are just another part of the biodiversity of your tank. Nothing wrong and like hunger said we all have them.  Don't try to pick them up with your bare hand though.... You'll find out why they are called bristle worms!!!!  not pleasant.
Inspired!!!

Offline xXTheWendigoXx

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 13:19:41 »
Yeah, I think Ray may still have a few scars on his hand from his last encounter... Very painful!
They're just scavengers and really are a sign of a healthy tank (it's nice to have worms that are a good indication now and then).