2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Bally's 40B  (Read 10849 times)

Offline starfishprime

• Juvenile
Re: Bally's 40B
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2012, 01:43:31 »
I have a 4 bulb fixture and I use 3 ati blue plus with 1 purple plus. A more blue look, layout is
Blueplus
Blueplus
Purpleplus
Blueplus
Let us know what you go with

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 17:31:44 »
I have a 4 bulb fixture and I use 3 ati blue plus with 1 purple plus. A more blue look, layout is
Blueplus
Blueplus
Purpleplus
Blueplus
Let us know what you go with

I don't know diddly about lightbulbs. I've looked some into the blue plus but I'll look closer at them. Thanks!!

Here's a quick update picture. Everything is starting to perk back up :D
As they both sank to the bottom of the river, the frog said "do you mind if I ask you something? You said there would be no logic in your stinging me. Why did you do it?" "It has nothing to do with logic," the drowning scorpion sadly replied. "It's just self destruction is my nature."

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2012, 22:16:47 »
Beautiful shot of your tank. All looks well. Your heaters should be there tomorrow.

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2012, 12:44:58 »
Beautiful shot of your tank. All looks well. Your heaters should be there tomorrow.
Thank you so much for the heater!!

I did a bit of a rescape and went nuts on my algae with a tooth brush. I have removed all visible traces of cyano and pulled the tonga branch that was covered in bryopsis out to get a good scrub and to dry.

As they both sank to the bottom of the river, the frog said "do you mind if I ask you something? You said there would be no logic in your stinging me. Why did you do it?" "It has nothing to do with logic," the drowning scorpion sadly replied. "It's just self destruction is my nature."

Offline horrifier

• Fry
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2012, 13:04:37 »
nice job on the rescape, the tank looks great.  i'm def a huge fan of having an open area in the middle of the tank

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2012, 13:10:04 »
Very nice job, the way you went from larger in the front to smaller in the back gave it great depth. looks like it goes off into the deep dark ocean. Love it.

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2012, 13:40:15 »
Thanks guys!!
It looks a little empty now...guess I'll have to buy more corals!!  :P

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2012, 08:40:00 »
My leather likes its new location

This is the most my hammer has ever opened since I got it, grandis paly seems to be doing ok as we'll.

This ONE mushroom is huge, it's bigger than my fist. It keeps growing but shows no sign of splitting

This guy is perked back up too! Got him for $15 because he had some receding tissue. I think it's thriving, so good buy for me :)

My latest addition. Why, you may ask....because coral addiction that's why!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:59:20 by Ballyhoo »

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2012, 09:33:47 »
I finally found my missing firefish...unfortunatly it was across the room on the floor  :'(
RIP Berry Weiss.

I picked up a new fish yesterday, a firetail blenny. He is quite cute and impossibly difficult to photograph.

Offline The WuSue

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2012, 12:02:25 »
I think I see a tail!

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2012, 12:34:05 »
I think I see a tail!
If he can't see you, then you can't see him!!

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2012, 15:01:28 »
Please keep us posted on how your new fish addition is doing? I'm interested in finding out how much algae this guy can put away?

Offline The WuSue

• Adult
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2012, 15:06:04 »
If he can't see you, then you can't see him!!

I had a dog when I was young that used the same logic when using the lawn restroom.

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2012, 15:22:49 »
Sure thang Peter.
Oh my WuSue, that's hysterical lol

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2012, 19:07:33 »

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2012, 19:42:04 »

Offline The WuSue

• Adult
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2012, 19:53:07 »
Looks like an eel, without the hassle of having an eel... I want one!

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 07:51:35 »
Looks like an eel, without the hassle of having an eel... I want one!

I really like him, I'm glad I bought him. I was on the fence about getting another fish, but then I had to go buy water and since I was already at the salty critter....

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 16:11:16 »
My nem is being weird.....go figure. 
This was yesterday 

This is today 

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 16:17:01 »
I was on the fence about getting another fish, but then I had to go buy water and since I was already at the salty critter....

Bahahaha! "On the fence" my foot. Lol ;)

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2012, 16:22:33 »
Bahahaha! "On the fence" my foot. Lol ;)

Now, now I never said how LONG I was on said fence.....

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2012, 12:44:33 »
A few updates... Haven't seen Lenny the blenny in going on 3 days :(
I moved my massive mushroom because it was irritating my Duncans. Here's a picture, it's about half closed in this picture because I moved it.

This spot needs some coral, it looks really bare.

This didn't end well for my nem.

My little acan frag is looking amazing!

Most recent FTS

My mandarin is eating mysis now :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 13:03:36 by Ballyhoo »

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2012, 12:44:36 »
Noticed that there is more hair algae missing....maybe I have a ninja blenny

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2012, 17:11:49 »

Recovering nicely after its fight with the power head

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2012, 23:52:29 »
Looks great