2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: 110g acrylic tank  (Read 3428 times)

Offline gthorpe2

• Adult
110g acrylic tank
« on: October 29, 2008, 14:39:05 »
Here is some of my pics from start to almost finish.

Under the tank!!

I've added a skimmer to it and I also put a piece of LR a deep sand bed and 3 mangroves in the chamber.

Added some water

I ran into a problem here because I had to order a 3/8" bulkhead from a place in Columbus. So that's why the tank wasn't full.

Added live sand and I was letting it cycle.

Some Live rock to let it cycle faster

My Oddysea 760 watt MH/PC combo.  The MH bulbs just went off for the night.

Tank

Mated pair of clowns, hosting in a Green LTA, (Which splits every once in a while)

Hammer Coarl I got from Lazylivin

Yellow tang hiding.

Comments welcomed, and frags are welcomed too!!!  ;D  :)

Midwest Express

Re: 110g acrylic tank
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 14:56:14 »
It looks horrible!  You should take everything for it and set it out on the curb... first though let me know where said curb is and when you will be sitting everything outside!!  ;) ;D

Im playin... it looks sweet!  I like the look of the rimless tank.  Be sure to rub the fact you have a rimless tank in Quicksilvers face.  ;D  He wants to get one badly and has to wait till he moves.   

You have a nice aquascape started!  What corals and such do you plan on going with in the tank?

That is a nice looking sump too.  Did you have that custom built or is it a purchased prefab?

Are you going to paint the returns black or leave them white and wait for the coralin to start growing?

I would get you some frags, but all I have pretty much are frags as I just started up my 14 bio and my 75.

Good start!

Offline gthorpe2

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 15:27:49 »
Thanks Midwest...
The sump was purchased from a buddy, and his friend didn't use it.  It's from this website... http://www.sealife-systems.com/reefmasterpro.html and this is the model RMP75.  We ended up cutting a hole in the side, so I could have the external pump.  I'm going to keep the returns white.  I want to do a little different aquascape, but it will do for now.

BTW hey Quicksilvers I have a rimless tank, whenever you want you can drop that tang off and take a look at it. LOL

Midwest Express

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 15:41:00 »

BTW hey Quicksilvers I have a rimless tank, whenever you want you can drop that tang off and take a look at it. LOL

HAHAHA... That's money!  ;D