2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: marine solutions  (Read 2947 times)

Offline njrdc

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
marine solutions
« on: February 18, 2013, 08:52:28 »
I just wanted to say that it was my first time going there and it was well worth it. I thought he had them for a cheap and reasonable price and a very health section of livestock. I just wanted to tell everybody to go and check him out. Also get some of his new fish food Fish Frenzy.

Offline larrynews

Re: marine solutions
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 18:04:07 »
AGREE!

Offline njrdc

• Juvenile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 17:41:05 »
I regret posting this now.

Offline joncat24

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 17:49:13 »
Nick,
I am sorry you lost your PBT, but the fish was healthy and eating well when it left the store. We have had that particular fish for well over 2 months. Your mother indiciated to me that your amonia was 1, which should always be zero. Also, something could have been stressing the fish.
I am sorry I cannot offer you a replacement for your fish. But there is no way of knowing what exactly happened and why the fish died. There are too many variables involved to offer replacement fish.
I know some stores in the past, have offered 2-3 day gaurantees, which can be done if you charge twice the price, but we do not. I would be more than happy to help you determine what may have happened and help you check your water.

John
John

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 18:03:58 »
I have dealt with Marine Solutions for years and have always found them to be a fair in their dealings. I have multiple fish corals and inverts in my tank from them right now. If the loss of 1 fish be it a PBT or something else was the basis of my dealings with a LFS there would not be many to choose from. I have lost fish and corals and inverts from just about every LFS I have ever dealt with. There are just too many variables to put all the blame on 1.

Offline volcano

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 20:35:14 »
Steve turned me onto Marine Solutions.  Ironically, they are only just around the corner for me.  I have a flame angle form them that is robust and healthy.

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 13:22:28 »
I regret posting this now.

It is very unfortunate that you lost the pbt. Livestock is very fragile in this hobby. There are alot of variables that come into play with keeping things alive. It could have been your acclimation techniques, your current water condition, your temp, it could have had Darla syndrome (that's what we at my house call unintentionally ruffing up new livestock on the way home), or loads of other things. The best way assure that you are doing all you can for your new catch is to try and find out what went wrong. Start with water quality, salinity and go from there. Don't get discouraged. 

Offline yinyang

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 13:36:20 »
yeah how old is your tank?powder blue tang to me is very hard to keep,i have been in hobbie over 10year,i have lost 2 powder blue tang,i think a uv sterilize is a must to keep powder blue tang since it is ick magnet  & also you need a very establish tank,
sorry for the loss!!

Offline Viggen

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 14:07:37 »
Bummer about the pbt.... They are w/o a doubt one of the hardest fish to keep.  Not just due to how fragile they are but also due to how large their attitude is. 

Not a clue why he died but like stated if the water levels aren't perfect or close to it they will not make it..... Very very finicky fish
300g tub o fish

Offline Sonnyred

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 15:24:14 »
Sorry for your lost of the pbt. I would consider that tang to be an advance level if care. Don't give up though maybe just wrong timing. Give it a few months and if you like that fish enough try it again but at least next time you know the risk and how not hardy they are.