2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Gerber's Guarantee Fish ??  (Read 5071 times)

Offline BuckeyeFan

• Adult
Gerber's Guarantee Fish ??
« on: March 09, 2015, 06:32:43 »
Was down in the dayton area yesterday so i thought i would stop in and check Gerbers out again .. Their pricers are high but i was wondering does anyone now if they have a guarantee on their fish ?? I guess i could of asked but when your chasing a 3 year old around the store lol you tend to forget things ...

Thanks

gerberfish

Re: Gerber's Guarantee Fish ??
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 09:04:23 »
We do have a guarantee its 24 hours. Was there a problem with anything that you got. Hope that you are having a good Monday.

Offline BuckeyeFan

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 09:52:37 »

We do have a guarantee its 24 hours. Was there a problem with anything that you got. Hope that you are having a good Monday.
Thanks for the response . My copper band didn't even make it 24 hrs and by the looks of it your not open today ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gerberfish

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 10:12:28 »
No problem all we need is the body of the fish a separate sample  of your  tank water and the receipt and we will take care of it.

Offline Topekoms

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 12:08:12 »
Just my thought and the reason I don't really shop there is for their high prices the guarantee should be more then 24hrs. I think 3-7 days is a fair guarantee considering you can get fish for half the price at other stores. Just my 2 cents

Offline BuckeyeFan

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 14:11:54 »

No problem all we need is the body of the fish a separate sample  of your  tank water and the receipt and we will take care of it.
Thank you . Ill see you tomorrow then

gerberfish

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 19:26:40 »
We love feed back and would like to hear what you guys think. What prices are high specifically. That being said I think we have some really good deals to. Thanks for your time.

Offline H2Ohio

• Fry
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 09:12:12 »
We love feed back and would like to hear what you guys think. What prices are high specifically. That being said I think we have some really good deals to. Thanks for your time.

Since you asked and it's at least relative to the OP...  IMO, Gerber's SW fish in the $15 - $60 range are typically 20-50% more expensive than the LFS in Fairborn and Centerville that carry SW fish. I've bought livestock in that price range from all three. Both of those other two stores do offer a 7 day guarantee.  Your store usually carries more variety and larger stock in general.  My kids really enjoy the variety in your shop so there is an entertainment value.  I do appreciate the weekly deals and email notification.

And if you're keeping score: Monfort in Cincy doesn't have any guarantee on their SW livestock.

Offline volcano

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 11:33:44 »
Typically, most places will not guarantee a CBB.  They are considered for experts only and in many cases one of the guarantee exceptions. 

Offline Topekoms

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 01:11:30 »
I agree with H2O for example in other stores I can get a flame angel for aprox 40 to 50 depending on size between small and med range. Because the other store was out of stock so down to Gerbers I went planning on buying one cause I figured you would have them in stock as my other store was out. 69 for a small flame angel which I find to be way over priced considering even liveaquaria only wants 49.99. I think if you priced yourself more competitively you would see an increase of business. I also have a fresh water tank and compaired to other places local and online your prices are high. I drive all the way to Indianapolis for cardinal tetras I can get them at The Reef Aquarium shop for 1.49 a piece. Last time I checked in at gerbers it was 4 to 5 dollars a fish. Granted I only go there when I am in town and make a stop there cause I know I can get fish cheaper there than in the Dayton area.

I find a lot of stores force people out of the aquarium hobby due to the higher prices in this area. I am not saying you are as bad as say aquarium adventure in Columbus they take the cake with their prices. But at the same time I find you way over priced for the stock you carry.

Not saying I don't love to go in there and browse I will and do all the time. I just don't do much shopping there unless it is something I need right away and can't wait.

Offline Viggen

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 09:24:32 »
Agree that prices are high.  Even back when gerbers was wholesale only their prices were sometimes 50-100% more vs other wholesalers.

Sale prices are more in line to what other stores sell their fish for normally. 

I am willing to pay more if I know the fish is quality.  With the scratches/haze on the saltwater tanks it's very difficult to get a good look at what I want thus I do not buy.  I do like some of the new glass tanks with LED lighting... Hopefully all tanks will be going this direction?
300g tub o fish

Offline GerbersRep

• Kailey/Nick
  • Juvenile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 16:27:12 »
we really appreciate the feed back.

937-297-0915 | gerbertropfish@gerberfish.com

Offline volcano

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 20:48:48 »
On a positive note....Gerber's has a very large selection of fish.  I can't think of a single LFS that has an equivalent amount.  Plus, Gerber's is very generous on their coral / store credit policy.  I have taken many pieces of coral and was given in store credit to use.  Also, John is very knowledgeable and will even offer a price adjustment if you simply ask.  He has done this for me on several occasions.  On a final note, John has always been super kind to me and appreciates my business.  I will admit, I typically do not buy fish or corals there, simply because I can find better deals among local hobbyists. 

Offline BuckeyeFan

• Adult
Gerber's Guarantee Fish ??
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 21:22:38 »
One a positive note , with me as well ... Gerber's took care of me on guarantee on a fish, even though it was past their  24 hour guarantee, which meant a lot to me in this hobby. After being there and looking around john as done a lot of updates with the place including help . I talk to the new manger nick and you couldn't ask for a nicer and stand up guy that cares about the hobby . Nick and I talk awhile about their prices and guarantees and he said he would talk to john . Hopefully something comes out of this, i rather buy from a locally fish shop rather then sending my money some where else . I'm all about supporting local business! Thanks for everything Nick ! Hope to see you soon

Offline Topekoms

• Adult
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 21:39:13 »
That's great I as well prefer to support locals. Hopefully we can see some changes in the prices and policy's.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 23:01:01 »
Glad they took care of it.